Fast-Growing Clark County, Nev., Schools Set $475M Deal
- Derby School Bonds Pass. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p7
The article reports on the 66.6 million dollar bond package approved for building new middle school and renovations of existing facilities of Sedgwick County Unified School District 260 in Derby, Kansas.
- Tiny Texas School District Expecting a Crowd. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;11/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32761, p1
The article reports that 879 voters of Prosper, Texas, have already agreed and allowed the community to issue $700 million of school bonds. The positive results of the voting process that took place last November 6, 2007 have permitted a number of voters to hand the Prosper Independent School...
- ARKANSAS Fayetteville SD's Bond Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33386, p9
The article reports that the School District Number 1 of Washington County hopes to complete the construction of its high school through bond proceeds worth 113 million dollars in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- School Bond Election This Week. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);5/6/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p1A
The article offers information on school bond election for the construction of for new elementary school, which is going to be held on May 8, 2010 at the Grand Saline Middle School.
- A School With a Complex. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/19/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33301, p9
The article reports on the plan of the New York City Education Construction Fund to trade its 53 million worth of bonds to finance the building of a public school in New York.
- Virginia Counties May Hike Real Estate Tax for School Debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30879, p26
Reports that several counties in Virginia are considering an increase in real estate taxes to support school construction bonds. Proposed amount of the tax increase; Response to heavy demand for schools from new residents.
- N.Y. City considers issuing state aid-backed school debt. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p1
Reports that New York City, New York is gearing to ask the NY Legislature for authority to sell bonds amounting to $2.5 billion for school construction. Backing of bonds with state aid to education; Exemption of debt from city's general obligation debt cap; Prospects of passing the bonding...
- BUILDING A CASE FOR IMPROVEMENTS. KENNEDY, MIKE // American School & University;May2013, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on the authorization given by some school systems to use the funds from the state or the construction of needed facilities. The voters in Houston, Texas have authorized $1.9 billion in school bonds in November 2012. It adds that eight elementary schools and two middle schools...
- Hanover County, Va., Voters to Face $95M, With Half Earmarked for Schools. Vadum, Mattew // Bond Buyer;9/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32209, p4
Reports on the preparation made by officials in Hanover County for a November 8 vote on multimillion-dollar in bond questions, just over half of which would fund school construction; Statement of Tom Harris, public information officer for the county; Establishment of a user-friendly Web site...