Illinois' Question: Cuts or GOs?
- Colorado Agencies Revise Fiscal 2003 Revenue Estimates Downward. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p29
Forecasts the fiscal 2003 revenue estimates in Colorado. Decline in bonds revenues; Total budget deficits; Reduction in bond deals.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31512, p35
Presents news briefs concerning budgets and bonds in the U.S. midwest. Proposed toll increase by Illinois State Toll Highway Authority board in Illinois; Budget deficits faced by Illinois in the fiscal year 2002-2003 and 2003-2004; Increase noticed in Indiana's income and sales tax revenues in...
- Budget axe falls in Los Angeles; chancery staff faces drastic cuts. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;9/27/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p17
Reports on the budget shortfall in Los Angeles which has led to the dismissal of archdiocesan employees, as of September 2002. Absence of Cardinal Roger Mahony at the meeting for announcement of employee dismissal; Need to give parishes the incentive to take on ministries.
- CONNECTICUT: State Eyes 6,560 Job Cuts. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/18/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33550, p9
The article reports on the plans of Connecticut to eliminate 6,560 government positions to balance its 40.5 billion dollars budget for two years and fill the budget gap of 1.6 billion dollars.
- Venezuela: Bonds Sell Off, Despite High Oil Prices. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p9
Presents updates on the economic conditions in Venezuela as of March 21, 2005. Impact of the decline in eurodollar futures on the Venezuelan foreign bonds; Percentage of its export earnings being accounted to petroleum revenues; Budget deficit of the country.
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- Detroit Audit Delay Could Hold Up Note Issue. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32118, p4
This article reports that Detroit's issuance of deficit elimination bonds in 2004 and its failure to complete its audit this year could cause Michigan to reject an application to issue $55 million of revenue anticipation notes. According to Terry Stanton, a spokesman from the state Department of...
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.