SEC to Reconsider Judge's Ruling On Muni Markups, Markdowns
- Mouse Mickey. // Time;12/25/1950, Vol. 56 Issue 26, p16
The article reports on a court proceeding concerning the damage lawsuit filed against the Oklahoma Coca-Cola Bottling Co. In his testimony as a witness, bacteriologist Homer Marsh of the University of Oklahoma medical school claimed that it is still safe to drink the beverage even if a mouse,...
- Court dismisses stent fraud case against Boston Sci. // Medical Device Daily;8/10/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 149, p2
The article reports on the the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit's dismissal of a securities fraud case filed against Boston Scientific by the Mississippi Public Employees' Retirement System.
- Court report. // Medical Device Daily;12/15/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 240, p8
The article reports on the dismissal by the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts of a consolidated federal securities class action lawsuit against NeuroMetrix. In the lawsuit, investors alleged NeuroMetrix of making false and misleading statements and failing to disclose...
- Ancillary Proceedings Under Section 304 and Proposed Charter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code. Lee, Paul L. // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Spring2002, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p115
Traces the development of ancillary proceedings under Section 304 of the Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Controversies that have attended Section 304; Analysis of changes in the provisions of the Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code; Predicates of a qualifying foreign proceeding and a qualifying...
- Courts on telly. Wilson, Beth // Legaldate;Sep95, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p8
Discusses propriety of televising court proceedings in Australia. How Supreme Court Justice Teague allowed the first televising of proceedings in Australia; Argument of unfair treatment due to publicity; Minister of Justice Duncan Kerr's backing of the idea of filming court proceedings;...
- How to behave in court. Trott, Linky // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p5
Deals with the conduct of court proceedings in Great Britain. Distinctions between interlocutory hearings and the trial; Outline of matters applicable to the High Court and the County Court interlocutory hearings; Provision on the arbitration for claims under 3000 pounds in the County Court.
- Why Should The Prosecutor Get The Last Word? Mitchell, John B. // American Journal of Criminal Law;Spring2000, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p139
Examines reasons the prosecutor should get make the closing arguments in the United States. Importance of closing arguments; Advantages of going first and the scientific bases of primacy; Advantages of rebuttal.
- Worth a try. // Credit Management;Nov2003, p8
Discusses a case where a litigant in person attempted to sue a writ against God. Publicity of the film 'The Man Who Sued God'; Application to a Master of the Queens Bench Division for leave to issue; Service of the proceedings.
- Good news-bad news for the media. Stein, M.L. // Editor & Publisher;6/08/96, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p33
Reports on the California Judicial Council's rejection of the ban on courtroom pictures recommended by a task force made up of judges and lawyers. Restrictions imposed by the council; Significance of the council's ruling; California bill allowing police to cut off television coverage of law...