- More cities foot major-league bill for big stadiums. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;4/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 89, p1
Examines the public financing of football stadium construction in the United States. Efforts of San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown to persuade voters to help finance a new stadium for the San Francisco Giants baseball team; Amount of money spent on football stadium construction; Comments from...
- Miami Refinancing Could Glean $148M for Stadium. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p5
Reports on the refinancing of Miami and Miami-Dade County, Florida's debt to carve out new money as a portion of the cost to build a stadium in downtown Miami. Plans of city officials to keep the Florida Marlins in South Florida; Need to hold a referendum to extend the city's general obligation...
- West Palm Beach, Fla., Still Has All-Stars in Its Eyes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p37
Reports on West Palm Beach officials' negotiations with Major League Baseball's New York Mets and Baltimore Orioles for a possible public-private partnership. Lawmakers' refusal to approval a half-cent sales tax that would have allowed the city to issue revenue bonds for the construction of a...
- N.Y. Jets Out, PILOTS In? O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p1
The article reports that an unusual approach to debt involving payments in lieu of taxes might become the public finance legacy of New York City's thwarted attempt to build a stadium in Manhattan for the Jets football team. The city's plan to construct the stadium on the far West Side suffered a...
- Philly's Fields of Dreams? Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p1
Reports on the proposed construction of two new stadiums in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which calls for the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development to issue $394 million taxable and tax-exempt debt. Uncertainty that the revenue streams tentatively outlined in the plan will be enough...
- Minnesota Legislature Wrestles With Ballpark, Bonding Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p40
Reports the final agreements of lawmakers on the state capital bonding bill and financing package for Twins ballpark in Minnesota. Evaluation of tobacco settlement payments; Proposal for a stadium funding plan; Issuance of taxable bonds to pay the stadium construction.
- Year-End Deadline for Authorization of D.C. Ballpark Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p36
Reports on the financing plan of the city council for the construction of baseball stadium in Washington D.C. Issuance of revenue bonds; Payment of the bonds with funds collected from three revenue streams; Allocation of budget into a general contingency reserve for capital improvements to the...
- Stadium Machinations. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p29
Reports on the approval of a resolution by the city council in Minnesota. Promotion of the renovation of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome; Assessment of the financial proposals for funding a new stadium.
- Bond Issue for Houston Texans' Stadium Reaches Goal Line. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p5
Reports on the Harris County Sports Authority's issuance of revenue bonds to finance a new football stadium for the Houston Texans. Amount of the bonds issued; Lead manager and co-managers for the deal.