- Virginia's Local Pooled Bond Program Gets Under Way. Vadum, Virginia // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p30
Reports on the first round of loan applications of several local governments for a pooled bond program that will fund loans through the issuance of tax-exempt municipal bonds in Virginia. Utilization of the loans to finance pulbic works and water projects; Advertisement of application cut-off;...
- Sacramento District Borrowing $725M for Huge Sewer Project. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p40
Reports that the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District is preparing to issue $725.5 million of bonds for a massive sewer line project in 2004. Details of the bond issue; Key features of the sewer line project; Implications on public works and the bond market.
- NEW JERSEY: New Money for East Orange. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/23/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32492, p39
The article reports on the issuance of about $23 million bonds by the government of East Orange, New Jersey for various capital improvement programs. Proceeds from the sale will be used to finance infrastructure upgrades. Powell Capital Markets Inc. will act as finance adviser and Seiden Wayne...
- California Public Works Board Readies $1.3B Offering. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;3/20/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33682, p4
The article reports on the 1.3 billion dollars new-money and refunding bond sale set by California on the second week of April 2012, after the sale of more than 900 million dollars in lease revenue bonds of the California State Public Works Board.
- Patent Medicine. // Saturday Evening Post;7/18/1931, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p22
Presents comments on the project for a government bond issue to finance public works in the U.S. Usual suggestions on the uses of the proceeds of the bond issue; Consequences of adding new work to the present scheme or pattern of the public project; Impact of the increased tax burden for...
- California Measure Would Shift Rail Bonds to Water Projects. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;12/14/2105, p1
Supporters of an initiative that would shift $8 billion in bond money from California's high speed rail to water projects say their aim is to reprioritize how the state's bond money is spent.
- New Mexico tweaks bond program in flood of last-minute bills. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p33
Reports on New Mexico legislators' approval of a $400 million budget for local public works projects to be funded with general obligations bonds. Division of funds equally between statewide projects and those of purely local interest; Criticism on the existing system of public works funding.
- The Sounding Board. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/6/2006, Issue 323501, p23
The article comments on various bond proposals to repair existing infrastructure and add the new public works required by the California population. A $10 billion bond measure, proposed by State Senate President Don Perata and Senator Tom Torlakson, could support highway and other transportation...
- County approves bond issue for TIF project near airport. Crompton, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);8/12/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 17, pB2
The article reports on the approval of the issuance of tax-increment financing (TIF) district bonds for plans of about three million dollar worth of improvements to a road section of Spokane International Airport in Spokane County, Washington. It notes that the improvements are designed to...