Washington State Enacts SSTP Legislation
- Thorny Internet sales tax may vex high-level panel. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p48
Focuses on the issue of Internet sales tax in the United States. Controversy on how and whether to tax Internet commerce; Need to prevent new taxes on Internet access and keep Internet commerce overseas a duty-free zone; Estimated amount in sales taxes lost by states and local governments due...
- CA: Affiliate Nexus Passes Assembly. // GPP eNews;6/3/2011, p3
The article reports on the passage by the California Assembly of A.B. 153, which proposes to clarify state laws to require Internet-based non-California merchants to collect sales tax on purchases shipped into the state.
- Taxing Internet sales. // State Government News;Apr2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p7
Reports that the absence of a sales tax on Internet transactions is costing states in the United States (US) major revenue. Views of US President Bill Clinton on the issue.
- NOTICE TO E-BIZ: TAXES DUE. Fraone, Gina // eWeek;03/12/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p51
Comments on the Internet taxes in the United States. Efficacy of the sales taxation system; Increase in the collection of electronic sales tax; Implications for electronic commerce companies.
- Determining a physical presence. G.F. // eWeek;03/12/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p53
Reports issues affecting collection and remittances of sales taxes on online transactions in the United States. Problems encountered by online bookseller barnesandnoble.com; Details of the kiosk plan of the company; Problem of Dell Computer Corp. in taxing single consumers.
- E-commerce panel debates merits of Internet taxation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p1
Focuses on the impact of electronic commerce on state and local sales tax revenues in the United States. Benefits that the Internet and its related business will bring to the US; Assessment of potential revenue losses to the states.
- First report on e-commerce is seen as a work in progress. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30841, p1
Reports the progress of electronic commerce (e-commerce) in the United States. Quarterly report on retail sales over the Internet; Impact of e-commerce on state and local revenues; Speculations on the accuracy and significance of e-commerce.
- Amazon Ends Colorado Business Over Internet Tax. Richardson, Valerie // Human Events;
The article reports that the state of Colorado has approved a tax measure which requires Internet retailers with in-state affiliates to collect the state sales tax.
- Internet Purchases Are Taxing State Leaders Again. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the Senate bill requiring the companies with stores and warehouse to collect sales tax for online purchases made by state residents in California. Inclusion of service and repair in the bill; Loss of sales tax revenue due to e-commerce and mail order sales.