Denver Aquarium Hopes To Remain Afloat Through Bankruptcy
- Bankrupt Colorado Aquarium Finds a Buyer, Believe It or Not. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that investors who own multi-million dollar defaulted revenue bonds to finance Colorado's Ocean Journey aquarium have agreed to accept a 4.5 million dollar bid from Ripley Entertainment Inc. for the aquarium that has filed for bankruptcy. Aquariums operated by Ripley in the U.S.; Gains...
- No Bondholder Agreement Yet for Failed Colo. Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p3
Focuses on a debt workout plan for officials from Colorado's Ocean Journey aquarium. Adoption of reorganization plan by Ocean Journey; Issuance of revenue bonds by Ocean Journey.
- Denver Aquarium Sees Deal With Investors by January 1. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Highlights the expectation of Colorado-based Ocean Journey Aquarium to finalize an agreement with investors holding defaulted revenue bonds by the end of the year 2002. Issues that need to be considered according to Denver, Colorado attorney Carl Eklund; Confidence of the company's president...
- Ocean Journey Creditors Catch Windfall, Thanks to Bondholders' Runoff. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p3
Reports on the money received by the Ocean Journey aquarium from their claims. Interim payment received by creditors; Investment of bondholders in revenue bonds; Issuance of unrated bonds.
- Fish on the Menu as Ocean Journey Is Bought by Houston Restaurant Chain. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p3
Reports that Houston, Texas-based Landry's Restaurants Inc. won a bidding for the failed Ocean Journey aquarium in Denver, Colorado as of March 4, 2003. Amount involved in the bid; Amount offered by Landry's nearest competitor for the bid; Other details of the bid.
- Ripley Requests Tax Assessment Before Colorado Aquarium Purchase. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p40
Reports that Orlando, Florida-based Ripley Entertainment Inc., that hopes to finalize a multi-million dollar purchase of bankrupt Colorado Ocean Journey aquarium, has made the sale conditional upon tax assessment of the property. Expectations of Bob Masterson, president of Ripley, regarding...
- Denver Mayor Won't Spend City Dollars on Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31341, p34
Reports that aquarium officials at Denver, Colorado-based Ocean Journey will be negotiating with investors who hold the facility's $57 million of defaulted revenue bonds because of the state government's refusal to help the facility through its financial crisis. Record of Ocean Journey in debt...
- Ocean Journey Bondholders Getting $2.24 Million from U.S. Bank. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31740, p3
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Bank to forward payments to investors who hold failed revenue bonds issued to finance Ocean Journey's aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Issuance of unrated bonds; Percentage of coupon rates; Completion of other outstanding Ocean Journey debt.
- COLORADO: Troubled Waters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p35
Analyzes the financial strength of Colorado-based company Ocean Journey Aquarium in disposing off its outstanding debt payment on revenue bonds. Prospects of a refinancing deal according to Ocean Journey president Doug Townsend; Conduit issuer and bond counsel of the original deal; Source from...