Tennessee School Bond Authority Brings $118 Million to Market
- Pennsylvania Agency Supplying Loan Bond Info to IRS. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/23/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33421, p5
The article reports on the revelation of the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency regarding its compliance of the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) requirements for the review of its student-loan bonds.
- ARKANSAS: UA Lowers Debt Request. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/29/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33490, p7
The article reports on a request from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville to be heard by the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board on April 15, 2011 for a 132.3 million dollars revenue bond package to finance projects at the main campus.
- Kentucky reconsiders issuing bonds to endow teachers. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;02/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30337, p31
Discloses that Kentucky Governor Paul Patton is reconsidering a $110 million `bonds for brains' plan to fund university research endowments with debt, and opt for cash to appease legislative critics. Concerns raised by lawmakers over Patton's proposed fiscal 1999-2000 budget authorizing the...
- Mississippi Could Use Bonds to Settle 26-Year-Old Federal Lawsuit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31111, p28
Reports on the proposed bond bill which was aimed to solve a federal discrimination lawsuit alleging that Mississippi neglected black universities and colleges. Agreement reached to end the suit; Funding sought for improvements at state colleges and universities.
- Tennesse Sate School Bond Authority to Refund $130 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32147, p3
Reports that Tennessee State School Bond Authority is preparing an amount of refunding bonds for sale as it continues to take advantage of savings opportunities to help manage its funding of higher education projects. Plan of officials to sell a Series A tax-exempt higher education facility...
- Texas A&M Sets $350M of Revenue Financing System Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33060, p15
The article reports on the $350 million of revenue financing system bonds offered by the Texas A&M University System in Texas. The offer was considered the largest issue of higher education debt in the state but the system will wait to add another $250 million backed by the Permanent University...
- Univ. of Texas Regents Back in the Saddle With $435M of Triple-A Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/31/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33655, p8
The article reports on the decision of the University of Texas System Board of Regents to offer 200 million dollars of top-rated revenue financing systems refunding bonds to a receptive market in the first week of February 2012. It relates that proceeds of the said deal will refinance 186.3...
- S&P Downgrades Tennessee Higher Education Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31009, p6
Reports that the higher education bonds of the Tennessee State School Bond Authority have been downgraded by Standard & Poor's one week before it prepares to sell taxable and non-taxable bonds. Direct result of the state being downgraded; Standard & Poor's view of the state and the school bond...
- Southwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;04/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30618, p28
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the United States, as of March 22, 1999. Includes Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of Douglas County, Colorado, School District RE-1's bonds; Effects of a bill the would restructure Kansas' higher education system on the Kansas Board of...