Suozzi: Man With a Plan
- NEW YORK: Crunch Time. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p37
Focuses on the development of a workable plan for financial recovery by Nassau County Executive Thomas Suozzi in New York for the fiscal year 2002â€“2003. Deadline for the plan; Likelihood of takeover by a state oversight agency.
- Where there's smoke... // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/24/99, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p5A
Reports on the fund raising activity conducted by the Seaford-Wantagh Democratic Club for Glen Cove, Long Island, New York Mayor Tom Suozzi.
- Cutting jobs is tough, hitting budget tougher. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/22/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p51A
Comments on the decision of Nassau County Executive Thomas Suozzi to eliminate jobs through attrition in Nassau County, New York. Number of employees to be eliminated; Average salary; Need for considering the termination pay of employees.
- Ex-Nassau County Executive Suozzi Joins Harris Beach. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/11/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33314, p19
The article reports on the move of former Nassau County, New York executive Thomas Suozzi to join the new Long Island office of Harris Beach PLLC as a lawyer of an office expected to open by July 1, 2010 in Uniondale.
- N.Y. Senate Seen Adjourning Without Nassau Sewer Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p1
Reports the final session for the sewer authority proposal of executive Thomas Suozzi by the New York State Senate. Refusal of the Senate to approve the creation of sewer authority for the Long Island county; Scarcity of time allotted to the hearing of the proposal; Initiatives for discussion...
- Nassau's tough medicine gets mixed reviews. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/5/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p1A
Focuses on the effects of financial plan made by Nascar County executive Thomas R. Suozzi in various businesses in New York. Increase of sales tax; Reduction on the number of county workers; Control of government spending.
- Suozzi must cut costs, raise taxes. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/5/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p47A
Assesses the effects of the financial plan created by Thomas Suozzi, Nassau County Executive, on his candidacy in the 2004 Election in New York. Increase of sales tax; Views of the businessmen on the proposed bill; Enhancement of the budget policy.
- L.I. unknown eyes Al's seat. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;9/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p6
Presents information on Thomas Suozzi, another name added to a growing list of Democrats who are thinking of taking on Senator Alfonse D'Amato in 1998. Suozzi relatively unknown in the political arena; Backers.
- Raising Nassau. Mariani, Michele // Governing;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p28
Deals with the improvement in the composition of the Nassau County in New York State under the leadership of County Executive Thomas Suozzi as of July 2003. Status of the county's bond rating in the 1990s; Challenges that still plague county officials despite the improvement; Projection on the...