Second Site Bill
- Collective Design of the Future: Structural Analysis of Tribal Vision Statements. Broome, Benjamin J. // American Indian Quarterly;Spring95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p205
Describes the process used by Native Americans in planning and design sessions to define and address the system of issues confronting people in their tribes. Tribal initiatives to take an active part in their own governance; Definition of the situation facing the tribe; Vision statement of the...
- Indians and open-ended political rationality. McLeod, Neal // Wicazo Sa Review;Spring98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p53
Discusses the political rationality of Native Americans. Obstacles in the compartmentalization of knowledge about Native Americans in universities; Means by which communitarian political discourse has sought to rectify the individualistic tendencies of liberalism by taking into account lived...
- Four, so far, hope complete for top AFN job. Barnsley, Paul // Windspeaker;Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p32
Forecasts the election for the grand chief of the Assembly of First Nations in Ottawa, Ontario. Nominated candidates; Electoral platforms offered by the candidates; Date and venue of the election.
- Sincerely yours. Shukovsky, Paul // Common Cause Magazine;Fall95, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p22
Reports on United States Senator Slade Gorton's crusade against tribal Indian sovereignty. Gorton's threats to cut federal funds to a home-state tribe if it didn't resolve a water-rights dispute; Gorton as the architect of a legislative bill drastically cutting tribal self-governance funds;...
- Untitled. // Alberta Sweetgrass;Feb2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p1
The article announces that Marvin Yellowbird was appointed the new chief of the Samson Cree Nation.
- First Nations governance major -- building future leaders. GOULET, SHARON // Alberta Sweetgrass;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p11
A description of the course "First Nations Governance" offered at the University of Lethbridge in Lethbridge, Alberta is provided.
- â€˜Wait and see,â€™ says national chief. Barnsley, Paul // Windspeaker;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the plans of Bob Nault on the modernization of Indian Act in Ottawa. Introduction of First Nations government act by fall; Conduction of widespread consultation; Role of Assembly of the First Nation.
- A prize worth fighting for. L.S. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;09/01/97, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p13
Focuses on the efforts of Norman Yellowbird, chief of the Samson band of Indians at Hobbema in Canada, to promote a policy of hereditary chiefs instead of elected leaders. History of Yellowbird's political activity; His charges that elected band councils neglect their people and mismanage the...
- Screaming matches dominate council meetings. Cavanagh, J'net AyAy Qwa Yak Sheelth // Windspeaker;Feb2012, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p12
The article presents answers to questions posed about the challenges of serving on a community's council for Indigenous people in Canada and helping a grieving mother cope with the loss of her husband while addressing one's own bereavement over losing a father.