The Trading Floor
- Surf's up. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/08/99, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p14
Reports on developments related to Internet-based firms in the United States, as of November 8, 1999. Includes approval for Atlanta, Georgia-based MuniDirect.com to trade municipal bonds in several states; Launch of government-owned Web site Savings Bond Connection, which allows consumers to...
- Surf'sUp. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/8/99, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p23
Reports on developments related to Web sites in the United States as of the week of November 8, 1999. Includes MuniDirect.com's receipt of approval to trade municipal bonds in Connecticut; Launch of the Savings Bond Connection; Creation of the Health Web.
- New Internet venture promises flat-fee pricing of municipals. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;09/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30737, p1
Reports on MuniDirect.Com's launching of its retail bond trading system. Illumination of the opaque pricing environment that individual investors face when buying tax-exempt bonds; Flat commission for municipal bond deals.
- MuniDirect expands retail coverage. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;10/28/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30757, p33
Reports on the expansion of MuniDirect.com's coverage to investors in eight additional states in the United States. Approval to execute municipal bond trades.
- New web broker promises flat-fee pricing of munis. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p1A
Reports on MuniDirect.com's plans to use its retail bond trading system to offer flat-fee pricing of municipal bonds.
- A Marriage Made in Cyberspace: MunicipalTrade Buys MuniDirect. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p35
Reports the acquisition of the Internet-based municipal bond brokerage, MuniDirect.com by the Municipal Trade, an online finance investment bank based in Atlanta, Georgia. Impact of the deal for the increase of retail marketing; Assistance for MuniDirect customers for access to primary market;...
- MuniDirect.com expands coverage. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;11/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30774, p4
Reports on Internet-based municipal bond broker-dealer MuniDirect.com's receipt of state regulatory approval to trade bonds to residents of 17 states in the United States. Launch of the retail bond trading system on September 29, 1999, for individual investors interested in buying tax-exempt...
- The trading floor. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p25
Presents news items on underwriters and dealers in the United States bond market, as of March 2, 2000. Hopper Soliday & Co.'s change of its name to Tucker Anthony Inc. MidAtlantic Division; MuniDirect.com's launch of the first municipal bond auction site available to individual investors.
- Online Muni Traders Court Financial Advisors. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/21/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the Web-based municipal bond trading services in the United States. Action taken by the municipal bond traders to promote the use of municipal bonds; Plans of the MunicipalTrade.com Inc. to start a Web-based market in March 2000; Use of municipal bonds by the US state and local...