California Earthquake Authority Dismisses New Idea of Catastrophe Bonds
- Calif. Quake Board Preps Debut Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32408, p1
The article reports on the $315 million bond issuance plan of the California Earthquake Authority which was created to make earthquake catastrophe insurance available for homeowners after the 1994 Northridge disaster. According to the article, the federally taxable revenue bonds will be used to...
- Can capital markets stomach cat risk? Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/02/96, Vol. 100 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the reaction of the insurance and capital markets, to the layer of the California Earthquake Authority's $10. 5 billion reinsurance program, which the company Berkshire Hathaway Incorporated purchased part of. Effect of catastrophe risk securitization on the capital market; Comments...
- Earthquake Fund Shakes Out Firm For $100 Million. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;03/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p1
States that California Earthquake Authority, the disaster insurance organization in Sacramento, California, will search for a securities manager to handle its accounts. Funds of the organization; Managers for its funds.
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34197, p1
A chart is presented showing the negotiated bond sales as of week of October 20, 2014 to week of October 27, 2014 as issued several U.S. cities and towns which include California Earthquake Authority, Cleveland, Ohio, and Bethlehem.
- CAT bond growth turns focus to risk models. Quinn, Lawrence Richter // Private Placement Letter;01/04/99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Offers information on catastrophe bond models in the United States. Predictions on the model; Loss projections of the model; Details on other bond issues in the market.
- Cheap Reinsurance To Minimize CAT Bonds. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;03/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the condition of catastrophe bond industry in the United States. Status of reinsurance premiums; Prediction on the performance of reinsurance premiums in 1999; Details on the catastrophe bond market.
- Cat bond funk. Quinn, Lawrence Richter // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p16
Reports on measures taken to revive the catastrophe (CAT) bond market. Features of French reinsurer Sorema SA's CAT bond offering; Role and economics of CAT bonds; List of issuances between May 1996 and May 1999; Factors expected to drive up demand for the bonds; Discovery of other uses for CAT...
- Advance Disaster Relief. Buff, Joseph J. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb99, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p58
Provides information on catastrophe bonds. Fundamental questions to consider with regards to the bonds; Information on the secondary market for the bonds; Two layers of a catastrophe bond.
- Catastrophe Bonds. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on catastrophe bonds, high-yield, insurance-backed bonds that contain a provision causing interest and or principal payments to be delayed or lost in the event of a loss due to a specified catastrophe. Volatility; Liquidity.