Governor's Team Kills Plan to Raise Louisiana Debt Limit
- Safety First: Caution Urged in Louisiana's Bold Bonding Plans. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p42
Focuses on the long-term bond proposals of Louisiana Governor Mike Foster. Emphasis of officials on moving cautiously; Issuance of grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds; Percentage of the state's tobacco settlement funds that will be securitized; Outstanding debt of Louisiana.
- The governor's money. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/25/96, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p5
Discusses New Orleans, Louisiana Governor, Mike Foster's holdings. Reference to Randy Battaglia, chief financial officer of Bayou Sale Contractors in Franklin, New Orleans; Background information on Foster; Amount of money Mike Foster and his brother Prescott inherited; Other information on...
- Harrah's hopes for reconciliation with governor. Hoeschen, Brad L.F. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/18/96, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p1
Reports that in New Orleans, Louisiana, the officials of Harrah's New Orleans Casino would like to reconcile with Governor Mike Foster, who seems concerned about the vacant property. Foster's initial reaction towards Harrah's; Harrah's officials' request for the casino to be considered a...
- Louisiana governor signs bond housekeeping bills. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p8
Reports that Louisiana Governor Mike Foster has approved a legislative bill on housekeeping bonds in the state. Provisions of the bill.
- Louisiana should try living within its means. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/22/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p22
Comments on the way Louisiana Governor Mike Foster is handling the finances of the state. Scramble to fund the public school teacher pay raises promised by Foster; Source of funds for the raises; Need to balance the budget without the aid of a windfall; Refinancing of state debt.
- Bucking National Trend, Louisiana Gov. Plans $5 Million Budget Boost for Colleges. Dyer, Scott // Community College Week;3/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the plan of Louisiana Governor Mike Foster to increase funding for the state's community college system in 2004. Key to spurring economic development in the state; Information on Foster's commitment to higher education; Increase in enrollment in Louisiana's college systems.
- Louisiana Legislators Bump Up Funds for Higher Ed. Dyer, Scott // Community College Week;7/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p12
Reports the increased funds given by Louisiana Governor Mike Foster for higher education. Amount designated by the governor in last-minute tax renewals; Plans for education and community colleges.
- La. Lawmakers May Cancel Gov.'s Education Budget Boost. // Community College Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p10
Deals with issues on the plans of Louisiana Governor Mike Foster to increase budget in education instead of health care and other services in April 2003. Reason of Foster for increasing education budget; Issue pointed out by legislators on the appropriations committee; Contention of public...
- Delgado eager for Bush to fulfill his State of Union promises. Roberts, Dean // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/2/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the need for funding of New Orleans, Louisiana-based Delgado Community College. Interest of Delgado and Louisiana state officials in U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to make funding available to community colleges; Increased funding for Louisiana community colleges under...