Trustee: 'No Hope' for Holders of Defaulted Ohio Water Debt
- Ohio Water Agency To Sell $150M of CP. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32665, p5
The article reports on the issuance of $150 million of commercial paper (CP) by the Ohio Water Development Authority to finance loans under the agency's fresh water program. The fresh water debt programs deliver a 47 percent default rates for its loan repayments, and its surpluses thru...
- Ohio Water Assistance Program Debt Gets 2 Upgrades Ahead of $54M Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p6
Reports that Fitch Ratings and Moody's Investors Service Inc. have upgraded the Ohio Water Development Authority's community assistance program debt. Effects of the upgrade on the community assistance program bonds; Strength of the program; Revenue source of the program.
- Ohio Water Development Authority Moves Up Rating Ladder. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31438, p6
Reports the improvement of loan program for Ohio Water Development Authority. Estimation of the outstanding debt to Standard & Poor's; Participation of municipalities on fresh water program; Bond sales of the water agency.
- Bond Trustee Holds Back Feb. Payment. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p1
Reports that UMB Bank, a trustee for state moral obligation bonds sold by the South western Illinois Development Authority on behalf of Madison, Illinois-based Spectrulite Consortium Inc. has withheld a debt service payment for February 2003 due to company's bankruptcy filing. Reasons provided...
- Dragging the debt chain. Southey, Gillian // New Internationalist;Sep2002, Issue 349, p7
Reports on the mounting debt of the Heavily Indebted Poor Country (HIPC) Trust Fund. Donation made by G8 leaders; Need for more funds by the HIPC Fund; Requirements to be eligible for relief under the HIPC process.
- English trusts withhold ...200m to stay afloat. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;02/21/97, p5
Reports that 30 English trusts that are in debt are withholding 200 million pound worth of payments to stay afloat. Breaking of the government's pledge; Running of the National Health Service on credit.
- Want to sell your bonds at par? Just asking. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;10/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30502, p36
Focuses on the invitation of the Ohio Water Development Authority for bondholders to tender bonds due on 2018. Expectations of response by authority officials; Comments.
- Chicago Transit Authority Readies Legislation Seeking $1.5B in Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/23/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32635, p39
The article reports on the plan of Chicago, Illinois Transit Authority (CTA) to put the finishing touches on state legislation that seeks authority to sell its $1.3 billion of debt to pay down its $1.3 billion unfunded pension liability. Also, it plans to establish a trust fund to begin...
- St. Louis Nonprofit Seeks Chap. 11, With $215M Outstanding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p3
Reports on St. Louis, Missouri-based National Benevolent Association's (NBA) filing for federal Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas in San Antonio. Organization's revenue debt; Repayment of debt; Performance of the NBA; Impact of the...