ISM March Index Rises to 55.6%
- Industrial production and consumer prices--major industrial countries. // Economic Indicators;Nov95, p35
Presents a tabulation of industrial production and consumer prices in major industrial countries from 1986 to October 1995. Countries include the United States; Canada; Japan; France; Germany; Italy; Great Britain.
- Industrial production and consumer prices--major... // Economic Indicators;Jan1997, p35
Presents statistical information on industrial production and consumer prices in leading industrial countries from 1987 until 1996. Names of countries.
- Competition in Service Industries. Allon, Gad; Federgruen, Awi // Operations Research;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p37
We analyze a general market for an industry of competing service facilities. Firms differentiate themselves by their price levels and the waiting time their customers experience, as well as different attributes not determined directly through competition. Our model therefore assumes that the...
- Coordinating Contracts for Two-Stage Fashion Supply Chain with Risk-Averse Retailer and Price-Dependent Demand. Minli Xu; Qiao Wang; Linhan Ouyang // Mathematical Problems in Engineering;2013, p1
When the demand is sensitive to retail price, revenue sharing contract and two-part tariff contract have been shown to be able to coordinate supply chains with risk neutral agents. We extend the previous studies to consider a risk-averse retailer in a two-echelon fashion supply chain. Based on...
- September 2003 Book-to-Bill. // Circuits Assembly;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p12
The U.S. IMS/PCB Industry Book-to-Bill Ratio for September 2003 was 1.15. The ratio is calculated by averaging the index numbers for orders booked over the past three months and dividing by the average index numbers for sales billed during the same period. A ratio of more than 1.00 suggests that...
- Skyrocketing lumber prices shaving contractors' profit margins. Wareing, Andrew // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2003, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p11
Focuses on the trend of prices for lumber products in Ontario. Fluctuation in the prices of products in the lumber market; Effects of the unusual doubling of the price on lumber and plywood early on in the construction season to smaller contractors; Impact of the trend to the price offerings...
- A Real-Time Method to Estimate Trucking Market Conditions. Scott, Alex // Material Handling & Logistics;Oct2015, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p22
The article stresses the need for a method that could accurately measure real-time market conditions on supply and demand for universal pricing index in the trucking market. Topics covered include use of econometrics technique in observing price premiums, operational characteristics and...
- Transitional Employment Cost Indexes for seasonal adjustment. Branch, E. Raphael; Buszuwski, James A.; Schwenk, Albert E.; Gough, Mark // Monthly Labor Review;Apr2008, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p25
As part of its conversion to the 2002 North American Industry Classification System and the 2000 Standard Occupational Classification System, the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimated transitional historical indexes to implement seasonal adjustment
- Inflation To Return. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the economic forecasts of Estonia for 2009-2010. It says that the country will experience deflation in July 2010, with consumer prices falling by 0.7% year-on-year. It further states that deflation will continue through the second half of 2009. However, consumer price...