The Effect of Attitudes on Science Achievement: A Study Conducted Among High School Pupils in Cyprus
- A Model of Academic Enablers and Elementary Reading/Language Arts Achievement. DiPerna, James Clyde; Volpe, Robert J.; Elliott, Stephen N. // School Psychology Review;2002, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p298
Abstract. This article includes a review of theoretical and empirical models of educational outcomes to identify student attitudes and behaviors that researchers have hypothesized to influence academic achievement. A theoretical model is proposed of the relationships between specific academic...
- Academic Engagement: Current Perspectives in Research and Practice. Greenwood, Charles R.; Horton, Betty T.; Utley, Cheryl A. // School Psychology Review;2002, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p328
Abstract. Classroom behaviors that enable academic learning are the focus of this article. A brief perspective is offered on the development and validation of one enablerï¿½engagement in academic respondingï¿½and recent findings are provided of an effort to bridge the gap between research...
- Learning: A Matter of Style. Dunn, Rita // Educational Leadership;Jan1980, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p360
Focuses on the identification of complementary resources, methods and programs that improve student's academic achievement and their attitudes towards school in the United States. Findings of the study conducted by Paul Trautman on student achievement in New York; Factors that led to the...
- QUITTERS. // NEA Today;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p37
The article provides several answers to a question about how teachers might assist students with poor attitudes about their academic studies.
- Post-graduation perceptions of collegiate expectations and achievements. Tan, David L. // College Student Journal;Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p175
Discusses the findings of a study of Southwestern college students' perception of the importance of various student outcomes and the extent to which they have achieved these outcomes during collegiate years. Positive relationship between the respondents' perceived level of importance and their...
- Sleep Smarts. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;1/6/2006, Vol. 87 Issue 15, p2
The article discusses the study conducted by scientists on the effect of sleep on the school performance of students. Scientists recorded the sleeping habits of 74 students with ages 6 to 12 from Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Teachers, unaware of the students' sleeping hours, rated the...
- PLAUDITS. Petulla, Robert E.; Rodenhiser, Debbie // Educational Leadership;Sep1983, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p78
Two letters to the editor are presented commending the March 1983 issue of the journal which focused on the link between attitudes, behavior and academic performance.
- TO WHAT STUDENTS ATTRIBUTE THEIR ACADEMIC SUCCESS AND UNSUCCESS. Lebedina-Manzoni, Marija // Education;Summer2004, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p699
On a sample of 115 students we made investigation with purpose to answer the following questions: 1. To what students attribute their academic success and unsuccess. 2. Differences between successful and unsuccessful students in attribution of academic success and unsuccess. 3. Differences...
- The interactive effects of social support and test anxiety on student academic performance. Orpen, Christopher // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p464
Studies the impact of social support and test anxiety on college students' academic performance. Background on the study; Description of the methods used in the study.