- California Moves to Extinguish Furniture Flammability Rule. // Wood & Wood Products;Jul2012, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p11
The article discusses the amendments which have been made with regard to the fire safety tests of the furniture manufactured in California.
- Trading Standards seize 'non-compliant' sofas. // Cabinet Maker;11/30/2001, Issue 5265, p1
Reports the investigation of Artigianni Fiorentini upholstery by the Carmarthen Trading Standards Officers in Great Britain. Failure to pass the tests for fire and safety regulations conducted by The Furniture and Furnishings last 1988; Compliance on the flammability regulations of the sofas;...
- Flammable seating heats up in states. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;Dec1991, Vol. 179 Issue 12, p17
Summarizes the `Furniture Fire Safety Act,' legislation drawn up by the American Furniture Manufacturers Association (AFMA) and aimed at state legislatures. It's based on California's Technical Bulletin 133 (Cal 133), which measures the fire-safety performance of individual pieces of furniture.
- Proposed California rule has 3 new FR tests. // Furniture/Today;7/30/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p16
The article presents information on a draft rule related to the furniture flammability standard in California that requires a major change in testing methods.
- High-temperature resistant fabric protects parts in brazing furnaces. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p218
Presents Refrasil, a high temperature fabric useful for protecting parts in brazing furnaces by BP Chemicals (Hitco) Inc. Features; Performance rating; Contact information.
- Elk Technologies launches Web site for VeraShield. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p35
Reports on the launching of web site by Elk Technologies in Dallas, Texas. Provision of information on VersaShield flame-resistant technology; Compliance to the state and federal mattress safety requirements; Enhancement of customer relations.
- Don't get your fingers burnt. Gay, Allison // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2003, Issue 5348, p3
Comments on the flammability regulations set by the South East Trading Standards Authority on imported furniture sold in the South Eastern part of Great Britain. Need to incentivised to adhere to the proper enforcement by the local authorities; Responsibility of the retailer and the importer to...
- Letters to the Editor. Dean, John C. // Furniture/Today;1/8/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p50
A letter to the editor is presented discussing the need of an effective fire safety standard for upholstered furniture.
- Flame debate heats up. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;5/20/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p1
Reports the consequences of proposed changes to flammability standards for upholstered furniture in California. Increase of retail prices; Focus on small open flame; Advantage of changes.