Be green and clean
- Wood industry breathing more easily over Clean Air Act. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Dec94, Vol. 99 Issue 13, p8
Editorial. Comments on implications of the Clean Air Act Amendments on the furniture industry. Environmental Protection Agency's proposed standards titled `National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Proposed Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions from Wood Furniture...
- Sticking points. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;
Investigates how Britain-based furniture manufacturers are meeting the challenge of implementing changes in adhesives and the equipment used to apply them in order to comply with environmentally acceptable processes. Problem with water-based adhesives; Plural compound products; Using correct...
- Views. Davies, Hayden // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2008, Issue 5576, p8
In this article the author reflects on the significance of sustainable development in Great Britain's furniture industry.
- GO (TO IKEA) GIRLS! // Herizons;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
Reports that furniture retailer Ikea has decided to stop using timber from ancient forests in manufacturing its products. Ikea's dialogue with environmental group Greenpeace; Measure undertaken by Ikea to ensure that none of its timber will come from ancient forests.
- FIRA to host environmental event. // Cabinet Maker;11/18/2011, Issue 5764, p12
The article reports on the plan of FIRA International Ltd. to present the findings of the Product Carbon Footprint Benchmarking Project which assesses the carbon impact of Great Britain's furniture industry at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, England on December 6, 2011.
- Informed sources. // Cabinet Maker;12/7/2001, Issue 5266, p10
Focuses on environmental concerns in the manufacturing of furniture in Great Britain. Impact of the report 'Partners in mahogany crime,' from Greenpeace; Vulnerability of furniture retailers to such concerns; Contribution of environmental concern on buying decisions.
- Factories well on way to meeting clean-air rules. Welch, Rupert // Furniture/Today;03/12/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p10
Reports on furniture manufacturers' compliance with the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) clean air rules. Negotiation of procedures for the industry to comply with the rules; Focus of enforcement efforts against big power generating plants that pump large quantities of...
- Tapping the energy of youth. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;11/3/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p2
The author reflects on meeting with the ten recipients of the Celia Moh scholarship, which supports students who are earning degrees in home furnishings programs, at the High Point Market trade show. He remarks on the students' interest in the furniture industry's environmental efforts. The...
- FISP IN BRIEF. // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2013, Issue 5859, p13
The article focuses on the Furniture Industry Sustainability Programme (FISP), audited by FIRA International, which aims to support and back the furniture industry's sustainable development.