Nice little earners
- Food fight over park contracts. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/15/96, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p1
Reports that the Chicago Park District's plan to maximize concession revenues may become unsuccessful because vendors are unsatisfied with high prices for food stands at the John G. Shedd Aquarium. Effects of unrealistic financial expectations; Delayed signing of a contract between the Park...
- For those who must be online all the time. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;07/20/98, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the growing popularity of Internet kiosk concessions in Nevada. Kiosks' features include Internet surfing capabilities, electronic mail and video electronic mail; Development of Internet kiosks by Canada-based Info-Touch Technologies Corp.; Role of Mirage Computers as exclusive...
- Top-flight accommodation. Latko, C.I.H., C.S.P., Q.E.P., Mary Ann // Engineered Systems;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p78
Features an innovative application of the off-the-shelf ventilation technology at The Hitching Post, a concession facility located inside the Byrd Terminal in the Richmond International Airport in Virginia. proactive ventilation design concepts; General principles implemented in the design of a...
- Relay for Life. // Munday Courier (TX);5/ 3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p2
The article offers information on the concessions and activities for the Relay for Life fundraising to be held at the McAfee Track Field in Munday, Texas on May 5, 2012.
- Dog days. Rushin, Steve // Sports Illustrated;7/08/96, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p48
Reviews concession food served at baseball games. Clam chowder in Boston; Mini-doughnuts in Minneapolis; Dodger Dog in L.A.; Burritos in Albuquerque; 26 million hot dogs estimated to be sold in 1996; Kosher and tofu franks; Why Major League Baseball concessionary stands do better than other...
- Can you stand it? Glassman, Sara // Seventeen;Aug98, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p262
Features several foods in the United States other than hotdogs that are available at concession fare stands. Crabcakes in Baltimore, Maryland; Grilled chicken sandwiches served like ice cream; Dippin dots ice cream.
- Glacier National Park Releases 2014 Schedule For Concessions Operations. // National Parks Traveler;5/16/2014, p2
The article lists the operating dates for concessioners within Glacier National Park which include Belton Chalets Inc., Glacier Guides Inc., and Waterton Inter-National Shorelines Cruises Ltd.
- Airport operators stuck at the gate. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;2/18/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the help solicited by airport concessionaires from the management of the airports they service in the U.S. Number of changes that must be made; Dissemination of the position paper titled 'The Health of the Airport Concession Industry'; Goal of the paper.
- Concession stand earns enough to take yearbook out of... // Curriculum Review;Jan1992, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the concession stand offered to Zane High School at the Easyriders Rodeo Fun Run to be held every Labor Day. Comments of James Dunkel, superintendent of Zane High School about the concession; Information about the amount earned during the three-day event; Person to be contacted for...