MFI set to fight Gateshead trading standard charges
- Software buyers may end up holding only the shrinkwrap in Article 2B. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;03/31/97, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p54
Focuses on a proposed revision to the Uniform Commercial Code that would govern software purchases in the United States. Prospects for Article 2B becoming a software buyer's protection act; Protections for mass-market customers.
- Giving protection to trial lawyers only. Haggerty, Charles A. // Orange County Business Journal;9/09/96, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p39
Argues the need to oppose the Retirement Savings and Consumer Protection Act initiative on the November 5, 1996 ballot in California. Negative impact of the proposition of the high-technology industry; lawyers as the only people to benefit greatly from the initiative; Organizations opposing the...
- The European Influence on German Consumer Law. Tonner, Klaus // Journal of Consumer Policy;Mar94, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p39
Compares European Community directives in the field of consumer protection and the corresponding German transposition acts which are the core of German consumer law. Separation of consumer law from other types of law; Enforcement of the Act against Unfair Competition and Standard Contract Terms...
- Is Unfair Competition Act being used unfairly? Sullivan, John H. // San Diego Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p43
Opinion. Discusses the California Unfair Competition Act, which is designed to protect the consumer from false advertising and unfair competition. Use of the law as a basis for ridiculous lawsuits by some consumers; Listing of some suits that have been filed; Question over whether law is being...
- Your new credit rights. Edwards, Audrey // Essence (Essence);May98, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p60
Highlights provisions included in the amended Fair Credit Reporting Act. Requirement for employers who want to use credit reports for hiring and evaluation purposes, to get written authorization; Exclusion of names and addresses on credit-reporting agencies' (CRA) prescreened lists of...
- You're losing your consumer rights. Simon, Ruth; Marable, Leslie M. // Money;Mar96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p100
Reports that consumer protection laws are under attack in Congress. Reasons Congress is doing so; How spending cuts erode existing protections; How consumer protections fail to keep up with new dangers; Eroding bank laws; Disappearing nursing home standards; Lax standards for food inspection;...
- User's Guide. Dolan, Elizabeth M. // New Hampshire Consumer's Sourcebook;2008, preceding p2
The article offers tips on how to use the book "New Hampshire Consumer's Sourcebook" and cites the scope of some sections.
- Consumer safety in Greece: An analysis of the Consumer Protection Act 1991. Argiros, George // Journal of Consumer Policy;Jun94, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p221
Analyzes the implications of the Greek Consumer Protection Act for Greek consumers. Aims of the act; Main features and inadequacies of the framework; Propositions for effective consumer protection.
- Consumer law and structures of thought: A comment. Ramsay, Iain // Journal of Consumer Policy;1993, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p79
Examines consumer law as part of an ideological structure of thought. Progressive nature of consumer law; Construction of consumer law between private law using Norbert Reich's discussion of `Sonderprivatrecht' in German law; Consumer as the standard of deception in misleading advertising law;...