Bush Stimulus Plan Nears, With Effect on Munis Unknown
- Muni Market Fears Competition From Bush Tax-Free Savings Plans. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p5
Reports on the apprehensions of the U.S. Municipal Bond Market from the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposed tax-free savings account plan. Outline of the plan; Reasons behind the apprehensions; Possible difficulties in implementation of the plan.
- TBMA Optimistic That Bush Will Relax Muni Curbs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p5
No abstract available.
- Bush Wins, Tax Reform Likely. Barnett, Susanna Duff; Hume, Lynn; Sanchez, Humberto; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the likelihood of tax reform and other legislation that could have negative implications for municipal bonds following U.S. President George W. Bush's victory in the November 2004 election. Market analysts' comments on Bush's tax moves; Potential impact on the market of attempts in...
- Bush Signs QZAB Renewal, CREB Extension. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p5
The article reports on the approval of the "tax extenders" legislation that contains several municipal bond related-provisions by President George W. Bush in the U.S. The Tax Relief and Health Act of 2006 was signed into law in a ceremony in the Old Executive Office Building adjacent to the...
- Market on Pins and Needles Over Congress' Tax Plan Action. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p6
The municipal bond market of the U.S. may have to wait, before Congress makes a decision on whether to include in a tax bill all, some, or none of the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to eliminate shareholder taxes on dividends. But Congress could act to increase the Treasury's debt...
- Groups Call For Easing Restrictions. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32799, p1
The article reports on the call among municipal market groups in the U.S. to include proposals that would ease restrictions on bonds in the economic stimulus package. The call for easing municipal bond restrictions came as U.S. President George W. Bush threw his support behind drafting a...
- Muni Yields Would Beat Treasuries Even With Bush Tax Cut. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31004, p6
Reports on the effects of the tax-cut package of Texas Governor George W. Bush on municipal bonds in the United States. Yields offered by municipal bonds; Point spread to Treasuries.
- The Impact of the 2003 Tax Act. Feely, Pam // Advisor Today;Sep2003, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Effect of the tax treatment of dividends and capital gains created by the act on the investment choices made by financial advisors and their clients; Change in the selection of...
- Congress Set to Limit Bush's Plan. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;5/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31630, p1
The House and Senate tax-writing committees on May 6, 2003 took initial steps toward enacting tax-cut packages that are expected to be less of a threat to the municipal bond market than the plans of U.S. President George W. Bush to exclude shareholder taxes on most dividends. The plan appeals to...