Bush Stimulus Plan Nears, With Effect on Munis Unknown
- Muni Market Fears Competition From Bush Tax-Free Savings Plans. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p5
Reports on the apprehensions of the U.S. Municipal Bond Market from the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposed tax-free savings account plan. Outline of the plan; Reasons behind the apprehensions; Possible difficulties in implementation of the plan.
- TBMA Optimistic That Bush Will Relax Muni Curbs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p5
No abstract available.
- Bush Wins, Tax Reform Likely. Barnett, Susanna Duff; Hume, Lynn; Sanchez, Humberto; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the likelihood of tax reform and other legislation that could have negative implications for municipal bonds following U.S. President George W. Bush's victory in the November 2004 election. Market analysts' comments on Bush's tax moves; Potential impact on the market of attempts in...
- New Budget Contains Mostly Warmed-Over Savings Plans. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32066, p5
Reports on the budget plan of President George W. Bush for fiscal 2006 in the U.S. Savings plans competitive with municipal bonds; Enactment of the Liberty Zone tax benefits as part of the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002; Authorization of tax-exempt private activity bond financing.
- Lifetime Savings Plans Won't Affect Munis, for Now. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p6
Reports on the lifetime savings plans proposal contained in U.S. President George W. Bush's fiscal 2005 budget. Suggestion that the lifetime savings plans would not affect municipal bonds; Differences between the lifetime savings plans proposal and the one Bush proposed in 2003; Remarks of key...
- Bush Signs QZAB Renewal, CREB Extension. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p5
The article reports on the approval of the "tax extenders" legislation that contains several municipal bond related-provisions by President George W. Bush in the U.S. The Tax Relief and Health Act of 2006 was signed into law in a ceremony in the Old Executive Office Building adjacent to the...
- Market on Pins and Needles Over Congress' Tax Plan Action. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p6
The municipal bond market of the U.S. may have to wait, before Congress makes a decision on whether to include in a tax bill all, some, or none of the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to eliminate shareholder taxes on dividends. But Congress could act to increase the Treasury's debt...
- Groups Call For Easing Restrictions. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32799, p1
The article reports on the call among municipal market groups in the U.S. to include proposals that would ease restrictions on bonds in the economic stimulus package. The call for easing municipal bond restrictions came as U.S. President George W. Bush threw his support behind drafting a...
- Bush Expected to Revive Plan for Tax-Advantage Savings Accounts. Barnett, Susana Duff // Bond Buyer;1/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31805, p1
Reports on the proposed expansion of the tax-advantaged savings accounts by U.S. President George W. Bush. Impact of the plan on the municipal bonds; Expectation to include the proposal in the fiscal 2005 budget proposal; Advantage of the proposal on the personal retirement account.