Omnibus Bill Slashes Section 8 Vouchers
- 'American Dream' Act Is a Dream Come True in the House. Dymi, Amilda; Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;10/13/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the congressional approval of the American Dream Downpayment Act in the U.S. Preservation of homeownership; Provision of assistance to low-income homebuyers; Stimulation of benefits to the housing sector.
- Bill Targets GSEs, FHA. COLLINS, BRIAN // Origination News;Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the passing of a housing bill by the U.S. House which intends Fannie Mac, Freddie Mac and the Federal Housing Administration to be the dominant players in the housing finance industry.
- Washington State Housing Bond Ceiling to Rise $2 Billion. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32303, p29
The article reports on the increase of the bonding capacity of the Washington State Housing Finance Commission from three billion dollars to five billion dollars under a bill approved by the state Senate's Housing Finance Committee. Programs of the commission include below market rate mortgages...
- Hurricane Housing Help. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/22/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32592, p1
The article reports on the approval of housing-focused hurricane relief bill by the House Ways and Means Committee in Washington. The bill would make single-family mortgage revenue more useful for repairs and reconstruction along the Gulf Coast. The Katrina Housing Tax Relief Act 2007, which was...
- New Administration Inspires Hope for DPA. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;1/26/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p7
The article offers information on the H.R. 600 bill introduced in the U.S. It will reinstate the controversial seller-funded downpayment assistance (DPA) banned on October 1, 2008. Through such bill, DPA can offer a simple solution empowering thousands of worthy families to take advantage of...
- House Committee OKs Bill to Create Trust Fund for Affordable Housing. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p4
The article reports on the amendment and approval of the bill HR 2895 by the House Financial Services Committee in the U.S. The bill would create a National Affordable Housing Trust Fund that will be used to develop housing for extremely low-income citizens. The bill would be funded under the...
- Uncommon Sense. // National Mortgage News;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on the author's views and insights about the uncommon good sense showed by the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee when it struck down deep cuts in fiscal 2006 Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act of 1996 (NAHASDA) in the U.S. Effect the Draconian cuts in NAHASDA...
- House to Vote Soon on GSEs? // National Mortgage News;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the agreement of House Republican leaders to schedule a vote on the government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) regulatory reform bill after resolving a stalemate over an affordable housing fund in Washington. Discussion of amendments during a floor debate to strengthen portfolio limits...
- HUD Balks at Bill To Raise Loan Limit. Forres, Jessica // National Mortgage News;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p2
Reports on a proposed legislation seeking to increase the loan limit of the U.S. Federal Housing Administration (FHA). Provisions of the proposed legislation; Opposition by the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush to the proposed legislation.