N.J.'s Borrowing Bonanza
- Ohio County To Refund Up to $420M. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/22/2006, Vol. 352 Issue 32514, p1
The article reports on the plan of Hamilton County, Ohio to bring up to $420 million of sales tax advance refunding bonds to the market. According to Eric Stuckey, an assistant administrator in the Department of Administrative Services, the county expects the sale of $370 million-$420 million....
- Massachusetts School Building Eyes $725M Refunding. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;10/9/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33793, p16
The article informs that the Massachusetts School Building Authority is planning to sell its 725 million U.S. dollars of sales tax refunding bonds.
- Attractive Rates in 2001 Had Southwest Refunding Like Mad. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p50
Focuses on refunding deals in the bond market of southwestern U.S. states, as of February 19, 2002. Percentage increase in combined refunding and new-money issues; Factors that led to increase in amount of refunding according to data from an investment firm; Authorities that brought large...
- Maryland's St. Mary's County Readies $40.5M Package. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p4
Reports on the plan of Saint Mary's County, Maryland to sell a $40.5 million debt package consisting of new-money bonds for various public projects and refunding bonds on August 19, 2003. Types of bonds included in the package; Fundings to be assisted through refunding bonds; Expectations of...
- Supply worries, data gap bring prices down. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p2
Reports that the supply concerns heading into the Washington government's quarterly refunding has pulled Treasury prices lower. Factors that contributed to the market's decline; Data on the status of long bond and notes.
- Safe harbor from yield burning urged. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p4
Reports on the agreement among municipal industry bond counsel and issuer groups in the United States on an approach that federal regulators should adopt to determine which advance refunding would not be subject to enforcement action for yield-burning abuses. Group's failure to consult with US...
- More Current Bond Covenants Can Make Restructurings Much Easier. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30743, p38
Reports on the importance of restructuring bond indentures that restrict public power utilities' use of funds in preparing for a competitive bond market in the United States. New York Power Authority's refunding of outstanding debt; Change of the debt ratio coverage covenant.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p22
Presents a list of bonds that have been called and redeemed their issuers in the United States, as of January 7, 2000. Includes bonds issued by the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency; Pinellas County, Florida Housing Finance Authority; Southwest Florida Housing Development Corp.;...
- Chicago agency's parks offering puts accent on minority participation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p32
Reports on a $19 million revenue refunding bond issue by the Public Building Commission of Chicago in Illinois on December 3, 1998. Target investors; Plans of reaching 30 percent minority participation in the deal.