RA looks to spend �2.5m on spectrum research
- Radio Research: An Annotated Bibliography. Reese, Stephen D.; Carothers, Diane // Journalism Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p240
Reviews the book `Radio Research: An Annotated Bibliography 1975-1988. 2nd ed.,` by Josephine Langham and Janine Chrichley.
- The ubiquitous electron. Lubkin, Gloria B. // Physics Today;Oct97, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p25
Explores the electron's place as an elementary particle, as an enigma in condensed matter and as a multifaceted participant in research and technology. Report of J.J. Thompson regarding cathode rays; First elementary particle discovered and the first evidence of the existence of an elementary...
- Lonely electron. // New Scientist;03/22/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2074, p13
Reports on research led by Michael Pepper at the University of Cambridge which found that high-frequency sound waves transmitted through a gallium arsenide chip can pick up electrons as passengers.
- Do electrons have a past? Gribbin, John // New Scientist;12/4/93, Vol. 140 Issue 1902, p14
Reports on New Mexico physicists' attempts to show whether history for an electron existed at the quantum level, or simply a discreet set of memories. Testing the temporal equivalent of the `Bell inequalities'; Experiments to involve a sequence of controlled measurements on systems prepared...
- Imaging standing waves in a two-dimensional electron gas. Crommie, M.F.; Lutz, C.P. // Nature;6/10/1993, Vol. 363 Issue 6429, p524
Reports on the observation of standing-wave patterns in the local density of states of the Cu(111) surface. Using the scanning tunnelling microscope at low temperature; Differential conductance (dI/dV) measurements; Mapping out of spatial variations in the surface local density of states...
- Magnetic fields in superlattices. Eaves, L. // Nature;6/15/1989, Vol. 339 Issue 6225, p511
Discusses the technique of electrostatic gating to examine the electrical conductivity of a two-dimensional electron gas subjected to the combined effect of a magnetic field and a weak periodic potential. Developments in solid-state physics; Theoretical models.
- Anionic electron in electrides. Dye, James L. // Nature;9/2/1993, Vol. 365 Issue 6441, p10
Reports on the theoretical confirmation that electrons of electrides are trapped at the anionic site and not localized close to the cation. Research on the electride Cs+(15-crown-5)2e-; Calculation of electron densities and energy bands using known crystal structure and a collection of plane...
- COST-TERRA Promotes More CR Trials. // Microwave Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p52
The article reports that the forum COST-TERRA, which spearheads a regulatory discovery for Europe's creation of Cognitive Radio and Software Defined Radio (CR/SDR) technologies, is promoting more CR active trials.
- IPC Announces Electronics Assembly Scholarship Fund. // Circuits Assembly;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
Reports on an announcement made by the IPC-Association Connecting Electronics Industries in Northbrook, Illinois regarding introduction of an IPC Electronics Assembly Scholarship Fund to support the electronics program of Curie Metropolitan High School in Chicago, Illinois. Reasons for choosing...