- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- Atlanta Hospital Introduces Healthy Dining Programs. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
The article announces that the 500-bed Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia has introduced new retail programs that will help customers make healthy dining choices. A program called Lean Works includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack menu which ensures caloric intake of not more than 2,000...
- Solid daily attraction. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p43
Focuses on several popular breakfast items at healthcare and hospital food service segments in the U.S. Burrito at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center; Frittata at New York Community Hospital; Oatmeal at The Palace at Kendall.
- Breakfast in Bed(rest). // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the food service pilot program at Saint Vincent's Infirmary in Little Rock, Arkansas. Patients on the orthopedic floor are greeted each morning with omelets and other breakfast entries made to order by a chef. A three-person team provides the service. Two catering...
- Baked goods cross dayparts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p134
Focuses on the serving of baked goods throughout the day in hospitals and healthcare centers. Examples of lunch for breakfast menus; Variations in lunchtime menus from breakfast leftovers; Baked products which are sold throughout the day; Example of muffin recipes.
- Children's hospital shifts to breakfast cart program. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the start of a Breakfast A La Carte program at the All Children's Hospital in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Opportunity for children in patient's rooms to choose their own breakfast; Food selections; Offer of the service to all age groups; Cost savings from the program.
- Miscellaneous. // Current Medical Literature: Clinical Nutrition;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p102
Discusses abstracts on clinical nutrition. "Hospital food: a survey of patients' perceptions," by Z. Stanga; "Breakfast skipping and health-compromising behaviors in adolescents and adults," by A. Keski-Rahkonen.
- SERVICE FOR ONE--AND ALL: Carts put new spin on Crittenton Hosp's breakfast. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Top of the Morning breakfast cart service offered by Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, Michigan. Statistics on the hospital's cafeteria sales and customers; Description of the program; Patient menu offered by the hospital; Training received by food service staffers.
- IN GLENDALE, CA: Hosp. cafe sets new b'fast bar, bakery. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the breakfast menu launched in the vegetarian cafeteria of Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, California. Schedule of the availability of the breakfast menu; Meat substitutes included in the menu; Cost of the dishes.