THE PROS AND CONS OF: HEALTHY MEDITERRANEAN
- Nutrition indicators: how does Australia compare? Thow, A. M.; O'Brien, K. // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2005 Supplement, Vol. 14, pS71
Background -- Indicators are important for assessing progress towards Australia's nutrition goals (1). While there are no formally endorsed indicators for use in monitoring nutrition in Australia, the Dietary Guidelines for Australian Adults (2) is a key statement of the Australian Government's...
- Do the Claims in the Sunday Circulars Hold Up? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p9
Provides information on several nutritional claims found in Sunday circular publications that are stuffed in newspapers across the U.S. in an attempt to scrutinize their validity. Proof of the claim found at the advertisement of Kellogg's Special K cereal; Reason of General Mills for claiming...
- A Conflict of Taste. Varona, Verne // Macrobiotics Today;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p9
Offers macrobiotic strategies for the two diet couple and some of the author's thoughts on the paths to wellness. Benefits of minimizing grain products; Recommendation of a greater variety of cooking styles.
- Macrobiotics: New Life. Untalan, Connie // Macrobiotics Today;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p17
Relates the author's story of renewal using macrobiotics. Health condition before using macrobiotics; Recommended books about macrobiotic lifestyle; Improvement on the author's health after using macrobiotics.
- Lacking Vision the People Perish. Pulver, Fred // Macrobiotics Today;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the macrobiotic vision aimed at creating a better life for Americans. Restoration of the natural vision through natural diet; Consequences of unnatural dietary practices.
- The Back Page. // Macrobiotics Today;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p39
Answers questions related to macrobiotics and some comments. Nutritional risks associated with the use of a centered and flexible macrobiotic diet; Deep thinking of macrobiotic terms such as yin and yang and five elements.
- Which foods are the right foods? // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p109
Presents information about proper diet and nutrition. Pyramid of good eating; Tips on the number of servings per age; Other facts.
- Improved general health status in an unselected infant population following an allergen-reduced dietary intervention programme. Exl, B.-M.; Deland, U.; Secretin, M.-C.; Preysch, U.; Wall, M.; Shmerling, D. H. // European Journal of Nutrition;2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p145
Presents information on a study which evaluated an improved general health status in an unselected infant population following an allergen-reduced dietary intervention program. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Eat right, stay healthy. Lamb, Yanick Rice // Heart & Soul;Nov99, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p100
Presents tips on healthy eating. Diet management; United States Department of Agriculture's Food Guide Pyramid; Calories that should come from fat; Limitation of dietary cholesterol; Recommendation of complex carbohydrates; Importance of exercise; Selection of a diet moderate in sugars, salt...
- Anti-diet forces, health report assail weight-loss programs. Miller, Cyndee // Marketing News;5/25/1992, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p1
The article offers a look at the issues surrounding the anti-diet movement in the U.S. Lake Austin Resort in Austin, Texas, is tapping into the movement as a promotional tool. They will try to educate people about the difference between stomach hunger and mouth hunger. Jean Kilbourne argues that...