PENDERGAST SCHOOLS' ALVARADO: GIVING 100% EVERY DAY
- Side Dishes. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p24
Presents new briefs pertaining to the food service industry in the U.S., compiled as of September 2002. Car accident in the front entrance of a restaurant; Invention of the popcorn fork; Health risk associated with chefs' fingernails.
- Chefs on the Move. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p42
Reports on career changes of U.S. chefs as of August 2002. Appointment of Christopher Berning as executive chef at the Inn of the Seventh Mountain in Bend, Oregon; Appointment of Marie Grimm as research and development and corporate chef for Hard Rock Cafe International.
- Foodservice: The times, they've been a-changing... Sampson, Fred G. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/10/95, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p40
Opinion. Suggests that the greatest change in the foodservice industry in the last 35 years is the emergence of culinary skills and the recognition of the chef in America. View of being a chef as a profession.
- Spud surprise. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p60
Presents recipes for potatoes from food service managers and chefs in the United States. Includes luau sweet potato casserole; Country mashed potato casserole.
- Missing in kitchen. Bourdain, Anthony // Best Life;Oct/Nov2005, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p91
This article observes the effects of the celebrity-chef phenomenon in the U.S. People are now just as interested in who is making their food as in what they are eating. And they want to see him with tomato sauce on his apron. There is no doubt that the advent of the celebrity chef has been good...
- New Sodexho programs aimed at clients, chefs. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/13/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p4
Reports the introduction of two programs directed to corporate clients and chefs of food service company Sodexho SA in the U.S. Design of the programs; Details on the revenue of the firm for the first half of fiscal 2002; Result of cost cutting and layoffs at companies.
- Clear-cut choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p58
Deals with the soup offerings of chefs in the business and industry locations across the U.S. Parameter used by Dan Phalen, executive chef at Hewlett Packard on its soup menu; Variety of soup offered by Vincent Aiello, executive chef at Lehman Bros.; Comments from Chris Ivens-Brown, executive...
- Baby, you're a star: Chefs shine on TV. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;4/1/96, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Highlights restaurant owners and chefs' appearance on radio and television programs. Offering of cooking tips; Marketing strategy for restaurants.
- Observer. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2004, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p17
This article presents updates on issues and events related to the restaurant industry in the U.S. as of June 2004. The collectible trading Chef Cards was released by SR Media Group in May 2004. The initial release highlights chefs from Fairfield County, Connecticut. The next round will have...