M. SIMKISS JOINS COMPASS GROUP
- WFF Presents Awards at Annual Conference. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p94
The article announces awards presented by the Women's Foodservice Forum. Julia Stewart, chief executive officer and president of IHOP Corp., was presented the Trailblazer Award. The Emerging Leader Award was presented to Valerie Insignares, executive vice president of operations for Olive...
- EYEING GROWTH IN EDUCATION, RECREATION: FINE HOST STAYS ON TRACK. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p30
Profiles Mark Simkiss, president of the education and business restaurant group of Fine Host Corp. in the U.S.. Career and academic background of Simkiss; Challenge faced by Simkiss in joining the firm; Product developments of the firm; Outlook of Simkiss on the firm's growth strategy.
- Lorna Donatone: Sodexo's newest President/COO sees opportunity in the market continuum between foodservice in K-12 and higher education. Lawn, John // Food Management;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
An interview with Lorna Donatone, president and chief operating officer (COO) of Sodexo Inc.'s Education Market is presented. When asked about the advantages of managing the food service in K-12 and higher education, she explains the distinct operations of Sodexo and cites their different mode...
- Sodexo's Donatone New WFF Chair. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/ 4/2012, p2
The article announces the election of Lorna Donatone as the new chair of the Women's Foodservice Forum (WFF) board of directors. WFF president Fritzi Woods applauds the level of commitment that Donatone has demonstrated to empower women in the foodservice workplace. Sodexo President George...
- Sodexho Names New School Chief. // Food Management;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p21
The article announces that Lorna Donatone was appointed president at Sodexho's School Services in the U.S.
- WITH NEW PRES. AT THE HELM: Spirit Cruises' good news. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p20
Reports the appointment of Lorna Donatone as president of U.S.-based harbor cruise company Spirit Cruises. Educational background; Overview of the company; Brands created by Spirit Cruises.
- New study quantifies gender disparity in senior positions. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p58
Cites the findings of a Women's Foodservice Forum-commissioned study on gender disparity in senior positions in the United States foodservice industry. Findings that women are disproportionately underrepresented in the ranks of corporate directors and senior officers; How women executives fare...
- Highlighting the '97 issues. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p113
Presents comments from food service management executives about the food service industry issues in the United States.
- Back on the hot seat? Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;11/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the implications of executive changes in the food service industry of the United States. Factors driving the changes; Measures being undertaken by chains to deal with the impact of competition.