BY IMPLEMENTING ZELUS PROGRAM: Compass 'purchases' savings
- Compass Group PLC to sell health-care unit for $274m. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/1/96, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p82
Focuses on Global foodservice contractor Compass Group PLC's plans to sell its health-care unit to a company controlled by insurance and pension fund manager Cinven for approximately $274 million. Comments from Compass.
- News. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/10/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4399, p6
Presents news briefs concerning the food service industry in Great Britain as of November 2005. Acquisition of the People's Place restaurant by Conran; Dismissal of Peter Harris as chief executive of the Compass Group; Selection of corporate restructuring firm Begbies Traynor to help the...
- SINGLE-SOURCING KEEPS IT SIMPLE. Morgan, Mick // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/11/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4349, p73
Expresses views on the purchasing policy of Compass Group, the biggest buyer of catering equipment in Great Britain, which focuses on single-sourcing for each part of the business. Advantages of single-sourcing; Criteria used by the company when looking for equipment; Strategy employed by the...
- Compass Group USA unveils Chartwells. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p84
Discloses Compass Group USA's launch of Chartwells, the `brand' name for its college and university accounts around the world. Adoption by the United States of Chartwells outside Great Britain; Replacement of identity of Canteen and PFM; Appointment of Carl Marsalis to head the Chartwells division.
- Contractors to focus on margin-growth. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Compass Group PLC's decision to focus on margin growth in all of its geographic divisions. Comments from Compass Group CEO Francis Mackay; Results of a study on the catering business in Great Britain.
- Top-level changes at Compass, NA. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the appointment of executives at the North American Division of Compass Group PLC. Names of appointees; Changes in the firm's organizational structure.
- Where is Compass Group heading? King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p77
Features contract foodservice company, Compass Group USA. Start of the firm in May 1994; Use of acquisitions to solidify position in the industry; Success of attempt to `brand' operating divisions with separate identities.
- Technology. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p107
Explains how Compass Group USA upgraded its technology to meet its needs in the 21st century. Automation of functions within individual accounts; Review of business practices; Replacement for the central office system.
- Finance. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p108
Reports on the ability of Compass Group USA at contain costs in order to increase average annual revenues. Impact of size and influence of a global system; Leadership of chief financial officer Gary Green; Confidence of clients in providing services.