CLASSROOM MEALS TRIM WASTE
- YOU DECIDE! // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;3/16/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 21, p2
A quiz for children on how to avoid eating foods that they dislike is presented.
- Allow more time for school meals. Ware, Richard // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/27/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4261, p22
Comments on the significance of increasing the time allotted for school meals in Great Britain, as of February 2003. Background on a survey on school meals by the Food Standards Agency; Challenges for school caterers; Effect of the length of lunch breaks on students eating habits.
- PlanificaciÃ³n de un menÃº escolar. Badia Bullich, A.; Nolla Duaigües, M.; Serra Sirera, E. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;dic2012 suplemento 3, Vol. 27, p38
No abstract available.
- Millennials' Habits. // Prepared Foods;Jun2012, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p27
This section highlights new product trends in the prepared foods industry in the U.S., including a University of Illinois study which suggests that California's policies banning junk food in school cafeterias are influencing teenagers' eating habits and the study "Understanding the Foodservice...
- School meals in Portugal: governing children's food practices. Truninger, Mónica; Horta, Ana; Teixeira, José // Revista de Humanidades (1130-5029);2015, Issue 25, p31
Drawing on a post-Foucauldian conceptual framework we look at the rationalities that inform the organization of the Portuguese school meals and the implementation of these rationalities to transform and normalize children eating habits. The empirical material is drawn from a thematic documental...
- Scottish children say no to healthy eating. Bill, Tom // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/16/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4378, p8
Reports on school meals uptake of children in Scotland according to a report by the Scottish Executive. Percentage of decrease in meal uptake at primary and secondary schools; Aim of the Hungry for Success food program; Measure that could be taken by schools to increase meal uptake among school...
- 39 STEPS TO IMPROVE SCHOOL MEALS UPTAKE. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/18/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4595, p48
The article presents suggestions for getting reluctant young people and children to change their eating habits at schools in Great Britain. It is stated that the caterers should engage with the secondary school market. Good communication is important in keeping fresh and innovative marketing...
- National Nutrition Week. // Nutridate;Aug2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p10
This article features the celebration of National Nutrition Week in Australia from October 16 to 22, 2011. A National Nutrition Week kit has been produced by Nutrition Australia that includes resources on healthy eating and lifestyles. Nutrition Australia also launched a competition for the...
- Fast-Food Examination. Baird, Rod // Current Health 1;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p8
The article highlights a class assignment of ninth graders regarding the idea of fast-food in school cafeteria.