IN WEST SALEM, OREGON: CARTS OPEN AT NEW SCHOOL
- What's for Lunch? Schools Adding Healthier Menu Items. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;06/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the programs of the United States (U.S.) schools to include healthier items on their canteen menus. How the U.S. Department of Agriculture has promoted more nutritious school lunches; Food program in California; Study on the eating habits of high school students.
- Got Breakfast? // Curriculum Review;Dec2009, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses the promotion of school breakfast programs by the "Got Breakfast?" organization. The organization is focused on improving student health, behavior and academic achievement and reducing obesity by offering grants to schools that participate in the U.S. School Breakfast...
- Bad Times Spawn Good Eating Habits. Miners, Zach // District Administration;Mar2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses how economic difficulties have led to increased participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The author suggests that due to health requirements for school food service, students in the NSLP are eating healthier. Despite rising reimbursements for free and...
- News digests. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/99, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p21
Reports developments in the school food service industry as of October 1999. Introduction of The Express at Schultz and the services offered at the Virginia Tech University in Canada; Similarity between American and Canadian school children in terms of dependence on school meal programs;...
- Making NSLP do the job: How AR schools work it out. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the strategies used by member schools at the Pulaski County Special District, Little Rock, Arkansas, in providing popular food items that will meet the reimbursable meal criteria of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Working promotions on concepts by fast food chains; Reasons...
- Food, Glorious Food. Pricola, Jennifer // Teacher Magazine;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on several fruit-enriched dishes which the United States National School Lunch Program is planning to require in school cafeterias. Sweet Potato Pancakes; Almond Date Bar; Cranberry Barbecue Sauce; Cherry Hamburger.
- Building on the pyramid. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p152
Reports on the introduction of vegetarian options in nutrition programs in schools in the United States. Nutrition-oriented nature of the School Lunch Program; Launching of the Agriculture Department's `Team Nutrition Schools Program'; Henderson County food service director Pamela Tamer's use...
- Las Vegas dist. tests feeding formats. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Presents information on Clark County's testing of feeding formats in relation to school meals. Detailed information on the testing; Reasons for the testing; Comments from Dan McPartlin, food services.
- Another Nutty Rant by Another Texas Goober. HIGHTOWER, JIM // Progressive Populist;11/1/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p3
The article reports on the criticisms of Texas agricultural commissioner Todd Staples for his school cafeteria initiative, called Meatless Mondays.