DURING RAMADAN CELEBRATION: CORNELL KOSHER HELPS OUT
- Cornell hospitality students impress industry leaders. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/09/97, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p22
Highlights the annual dinners and banquets and educational panels organized by Cornell University students in Ithaca, New York from June 6-8, 1997. Number of students who participated in the event; Featured programs and activities; Names of industry leaders in the panel of discussion.
- The World on a Plate. // Food Management;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p66
The article features the Trillium Restaurant in Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. The restaurant emphasizes world cuisine choices with a variety of stations offering different ethnic cuisines. It has 535 seats and 3,000 average daily transactions. Trillium has added a mezzanine level...
- Expecting $2,000 Per-Day: Cornell upscales union deli. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p2
Announces the opening of The Cascadeli at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Expectations from the deli; Details on the business operation of the deli; Foods served.
- 750 DAILY AND COUNTING: Tortillas turning heads at Cornell's 'Lotta Chilada'. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the benefit of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, from a tortilla-making machine at the Lotta Chilada station in Jansen's Dining Hall. Approximate number of tortillas the station serves a day; Varieties of tortilla.
- 150 CUSTOMERS AND COUNTING: Cornell adds to ethnic variety. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p20
Reports that Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, has opened the Hurry For Curry tandoori station in Okenshield Dining Hall. Foods served at the station; Remarks from dining services director, Nadeem Siddiqui.
- Schools Adapting to Muslim Holy Month. Ahmad, Nashiah // Education Week;11/27/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p1
Reports that schools in the United States are adapting to the Muslim religious practice of fasting during the holy month of Ramadan. Provision of accommodation by the school administration to practice muslim religion; Growth in the awareness of the U.S. school system about muslim religion;...
- INCLUSIVENESS & LARGE SCALE STUDIES: AN EXPLOSIVE ISSUE An Editorial. Clausen, Kurt W. // Canadian Journal of Action Research;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
The article presents several reports published within the current issue of the journal including on the introduction of a music accommodation for Muslim students during Ramadan, using participatory action research methods to deal with inclusivity in individual classrooms and to examine...
- BROADENS MENU VARIETY: Cornell U.'s Smoke Shack delivers signature flavors. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p6
Announces that Cornell University in Ithaca, New York has opened Smoke Shack, a server in Trillium Dining Hall. Features of the Smoke Shack food station; Comments from Eileen Hughes, executive chef; Examples of its vegetarian cookery.
- THE LATEST TRENDY FOOD STATIONS: Options open at Cornell Univ. for freshman student influx. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p40
Looks at the food stations included in the dining hall opened by Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Types of pizzas served at Anything Doughs; Features of the Chef's Table station; Categories of cookery at the World's Fare station.