IN THE LOOP . .
- DEALS. Thornton, Matthew // Publishers Weekly;7/17/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 28, p8
The article presents news briefs on several book deals in the U.S. Dena Fischer just closed a nine-bidder deal for Hal Edward Runkel's Scream Free Parenting: Raising Your Kids by Keeping Your Cool. Maria Massie at Lippincott Massie McQuilkin sold Uwem Akpan's untitled debut collection to Pat...
- Slower Growth Forecast for 2008. // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 22, p4
The article presents an outlook for book sales in the U.S. in 2008. According to the Book Industry Study Group, book sales are projected to increase by 3.2 percent in 2008. Sales gains in both adult hardcover and trade paperback segments are projected to be slightly lower than in 2007, while...
- OHIO. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;9/3/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 35, p19
The article offers a look at the market performance of the book industry in Ohio. The state houses 426 retailers that sell books to 11,459,000 residents. It has 85 bookstore chains and 122 independent bookstores. According to the "Publisher's Weekly" magazine, Ohio stands on the 38th position in...
- THE WEEKLY SCORECARD. // Publishers Weekly;5/9/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 19, p5
Two charts are presented which depict print book sales by channel and by category as of May 2015.
- Holidays Proved Tough Sledding. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p3
This article reports on the sales of books in the U.S. market during the 2006 holiday season. Harsh weather, deep discounting by other outlets and the lack of a must-have title kept sales soft in December, despite the strength of a variety of books, including The Audacity of Hope, Peace Not...
- Measuring Religion. // Publishers Weekly;11/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 45, p5
Focuses on the sales of religion books in the U.S. Decline in religion book sales in 2002; Total number of books sold in 2002, according to the Book Industry Study Group.
- WHEN ARE BOOKS BOUGHT? // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jan2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p127
Presents a chart on the percentage of average book store sales per month in the U.S. in 2004.
- Industry Sales Flat in '06. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of the publishing industry in the U.S. in 2006. According to the preliminary estimates of the Association of American Publishers, total industry sales declined by 0.3 percent. While, trade sales increased by 2.9 percent despite small declines in...
- Talking Turkey. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 49, p5
Reports on the sales performance of the U.S. book industry as of December 8, 2003. Percentage of sales increase in fiction books.