Godoff Ouster Sign Of 'Heavier Financial Hand'
- Random House Trade Merging with Ballantine. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the merger between Random House Trade Group and Ballantine Books, as of January 2003. Publisher appointed to head the combined unit; Terms under the agreement; Reason behind the action.
- Radom and Ballantine in Next Phase of Merger. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;4/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 16, p9
Deals with the status of the merger of Random House and Ballantine in April 2003. Information on employees and executives who were laid off due to the merger; Reductions on the editorial side of Ballantine; Executives who would be appointed to new positions.
- Evans leaving Random; Godoff takes his place. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/1/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 49, p10
Reports the resignation of Harold Evans as president and publisher of the Random House Trade Publishing Group to become editorial director and vice-chairman of Mort Zuckerman's publications group. The naming of Ann Godoff as Evans' successor; Comments from Zuckerman on the appointment;...
- Topper out at Random. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;1/17/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 11/12, p1
Announces the ouster of Ann Godoff as president, publisher and editor-in-chief of the Random House Trade Group. Organizational alignment at the company; Legacies of Godoff at the firm; Prominent authors who defected from the publisher during Godoff's term; Speculations on the reasons for the...
- Smith Moves to Random House. // Publishers Weekly;1/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the appointment of Ileene Smith as vice president and senior editor at Random House Trade Group in 2003. Career background; Authors who have worked with Smith.
- McNeal Wins First Michener Award. // Publishers Weekly;2/22/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p15
Announces that author Tom McNeal is the first recipient of the James A. Michener Memorial Prize sponsored by Random House Trade Group. Cash prize awarded to McNeal; Criteria for the award.
- Ballantine. Sanborn, Margaret; Simson, Maria // Publishers Weekly;1/17/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 3, p317
Presents a list of mass market paperbacks from Ballantine. `Winter Moon,' by Dean Koontz; `Facade,' by Roxanne Pulitzer; `What's It All About,' by Michael Caine; `Texan Sunrise,' by Fern Michaels; More.
- New romance format, coventure at Ballantine. // Publishers Weekly;3/10/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p14
Reports on several initiatives undertaken by the Ballantine Publishing Group. Proposal of a hardcover keeper edition of selected romance books; A deal with `Parenting' magazine to do a series of child-care books; First keeper book going on sale in June 1997, entitled `One Perfect Rose,' by Mary...
- Ballantine. Sanborn, Margaret; Simson, Maria // Publishers Weekly;8/9/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 32, p396
Lists paperbacks from Ballantine. `Body Count,' by William X. Kienzle; `Hallowed Murder,' by Ellen Hart; `The Tale of the Body Thief,' by Anne Rice; More.