NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS
- Creative alliances attract publishers. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;3/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p26
Discusses the strengthening link between the entertainment industry and children's books. Announcements by both Scholastic and Penguin Putnam of long-term deals with Hollywood studios; Scholastic's alliance with Warner Bros.; Penguin Putnam's arrangement with DreamWorks; Other publishing...
- Children's Books for Spring. // Publishers Weekly;2/24/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 8, p25
The article lists the children's books, organized by publisher, that were published in the spring of 2014, including "Hands & Hearts: With 15 Words in American Sign Language" by Donna Jo Napoli, "The Qwikpick Papers: Poop Fountain!" by Tom Angleberger, and "Otto in the city" by Tom Schamp.
- Readers for Early Readers. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;5/22/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 21, p40
Focuses on the views of several editors and publishers regarding the proliferation of early/beginning-reader series. Factors that influenced the proliferation of early/beginning reader books; Origin of the early/beginning reader genre; Goals of Janet Schulman when she became editor-in-chief of...
- BUILDING THE MAGIC TREE HOUSE. Osborne, Mary Pope // Teaching Pre K-8;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p56
Provides information on the publication of the Magic Tree House book series for children. Theme of the book series; Challenges in the selection of title for the book series; Significance of the books to children.
- REFLECTING REALITY. S. O. // World (0888157X);9/5/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p55
The author expresses thankfulness for publishers of children's books for continuing to publish them and parents for continuing to buy them.
- Spring 1994 children's books. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;7/19/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 29, p196
Previews children's books to be released in spring 1994. `First Nursery Stories Mini Book,' published by Aladdin; `The Hunter,' published by Archway; `Tutankhamen,' published by Atheneum; More.
- Hutchinson. Lodge, Sally; Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;7/19/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 29, p101
Presents a children's book published by Hutchinson for fall 1993. `The Big Crocodile Book,' by Sally Grindley.
- Editor's Comments. // Resource Links;Jun2012, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including reviews of children's books and awards presented in the young adult publishing industry.
- The Dynamic Russian Book Market. TAN, TERI // Publishers Weekly;4/4/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 14, Special section p1
The article presents an update on the state of the publishing industry in Russia as of April 2011. There has been a significant shift in the industry from state-owned publishing and distribution to privately held and increasingly client driven. The Russian cities where publishing and...