Florida Hopes Private Sector Will Fund High-Speed Rail's First Leg
- High-speed future? Sleight, Chris // International Construction;Apr2015, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p25
The article offers information on the construction market in India and the flagship Diamond Quadrilateral high-speed rail project of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Topics discussed include the National Highways Development Project (NHDP) motorways network, the proposed private investment to...
- Tehran seeks to raise $4bn in private finance for city metro. Tomlinson, Hugh // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/7/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 45, p19
The article reports on the $4bn increase in private sector investment to assist the construction of the Tehran Metro in Iran. The author stated that the pilot scheme has been expanded to potentially cover all 350 inner-city and suburban stations. In addition, the TUSRC struck a $300m deal with...
- Private funding drives rail renaissance. Jackson, Chris // Railway Gazette International;Aug2014, Vol. 170 Issue 8, p34
The article discusses efforts taken by the public-private partnerships (PPP) in providing finance for the investment in the development of the Huancayo-Huancavelica Railway, main line railway project of the ProInversiÃ³n, government investment agency of Peru. Views of Javier Illescas,...
- Financing package. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2010, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the signing of a funding agreement for 680 million Euro of rail infrastructure investment in Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany by the Land and federal authorities along with an agreement to progress the development of the Rhine-Ruhr Express regional railway network.
- Commodities boom underpins US$70bn vision. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2012, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p25
The article emphasizes that the strong demand for Indonesia's commodities is the key factor for a plan by the Indonesian government to invest in a railway project worth 70 billion U.S. dollars.
- Lenders beware on tram schemes. // Public Private Finance;Jul2003, Issue 75, p2
The article reports that according to leading analysts it is not safe for the lenders and bondholders to provide finance to light rail projects where demand risk is being passed wholesale to the private sector. Light rail projects have a history of revenue forecast unreliability and any schemes...
- Katz backs Eilat fast link. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2011, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the publication by Israeli Transport Minister Yisrael Katz of a Request for Information to assess potential private-sector partners' interest in designing, building, financing and operating a rail link to the southern resort of Eilat.
- NÃ®mes - Montpellier concession. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2012, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the Bouyguesled consortium selected by RÃ©seau FerrÃ© de France as preferred bidder for the 25-year public-private partnership (PPP) concession to finance, design build and maintain the mixed-traffic high speed line bypassing NÃ®mes and Montpellier in France.
- Kalimantan coal line PPP. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2012, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the approval of a proposed construction project for new railroads in Kalimantan, Indonesia by private companies and public authorities under a private-public partnership model in 2012.