4California Library Agency to Circulate $149M in Matching Grants
- New chapter for Croydon Carnegie library as Fat brings it up to date. // Building Design;8/27/2010, Issue 1929, p4
The article reports that Thornton Heath Library in Croydon, England was reopened to the public after it has been renovated by Fat through the addition of access ramps and a new entrance giving the structure a stronger presence on the high street.
- Henry County springs another leak. // American Libraries;Jan98, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p36
Reports on water damage occurring at the Henry County (GA) Library System's Cochran Memorial Library. The continuing structural problems with the system's buildings; Plans to build a new library building.
- LIBRARY NOTES. Prater, Marilyn // Grand Saline Sun (TX);6/23/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 25, p2A
The article presents the author's insights regarding the remodeling preparation and changes at the library in Texas in July 2011.
- The Little Library That Could. // La Prensa San Diego;2/1/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on the renovation of the new Lincoln Acres library at 2725 Granger Avenue in National City, California, that includes a park, a community room, and an office for Sheriff's Deputies that will give students a safe and modern place to do their homework.
- Chapter Relations coordinates library flooding assistance. // American Libraries;Nov94, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p965
Informs that the American Library Association's (ALA) Chapter Relations Office is coordinating requests for assistance to libraries damaged by flooding in Georgia and Florida in 1994. Work with the Funding Center to seek funding for the damaged libraries; Water damages at the Brooks County...
- LIBRARY NOTES. Prater, Marilyn // Grand Saline Sun (TX);7/ 7/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 27, p2
The article reports that the renovation of the library in Grand Saline, Texas is underway and the schedule for Summer Reading is on July 8, 2011.
- Bonds needed for renovation. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;2/27/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 9, pA1
The article reports on a call being made by officials of the Six Mile Regional Library District to voters to approve a 1.68- million U.S. dollars bond issue to pay for repairs and renovations of the main building at Delmar Avenue in Granite City, Illinois.
- Elmendorf library, museum seeks workday volunteers. // Wilson County News;3/11/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p5A
The article reports on the seek of workday volunteers for the underway improvement of Elmendorf Community Library and Elmendorf Heritag & Railroad Museum on March 11, 2015 in Elmendorf, Texas.
- Asbestos removals close two more libraries. // Library Journal;5/1/1987, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the closure of two public libraries in the U.S. for asbestos removal and repairs in 1987.