First Albany Climbs Ranks
- Muni bonding at First Albany. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p6
Comments on the performance of First Albany Corporation. Effect of gyrating interest rates on the performance of First Albany; Views of Art Murphy, muni bond chief at First Albany Corporation.
- First Albany appoints former principal banker. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p3
Focuses on First Albany Corp.'s appointment of executives as part of an expansion of its office in Chicago, Illinois. Hiring of Frank Paul as the firm's public finance banker; Comment by Ken Gibbs, co-director of First Albany's municipal finance division.
- Winners and losers on the fiscal battlefield. Owen, Erica; Young, Vicki M. // DNR: Daily News Record;8/13/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p14
The article examines various economic trends and indicators in the clothing and retail trade. The article reports that the Warnaco Group Inc. posted second-quarter gains, which were driven by increases in its Calvin Klein business. First Albany Capital reportedly started coverage of The Bon-Ton...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/16/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 15, p26
Several charts are presented that list the performance of brokerage stocks and bank stocks including companies like Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., First Albany Cos. Inc., and Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
- 2003 Global Tire Company Rankings. // Tire Business;9/1/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p13
Presents rankings of various tire companies based on their financial performance in 2003.
- Higgidy climbs Sunday Times ranking. // British Baker;12/17/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p11
The article reports that West Sussex-based pie maker Higgidy Ltd. has ranked on the 43rd place at the Virgin Fast Track 100, annual league table of the 100 fastest-growing privately-owned businesses by the journal "Sunday Times" in Great Britain.
- Business performance league: 15 Nov. // Campaign;11/15/2002, Issue 46, p8
Presents ranking of various advertising agencies for the week ending November 15, 2002 based on their financial performance. Comparison with rankings for the week ending November 8, 2002; Net billings gained by the agencies.
- First Albany opens Virginia office with an eye on taxable muni growth. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p25
Reports on First Albany Corp.'s opening of an office for its municipal bond operations in Virginia, as part of an effort to expand its footprint and specialty areas across the United States. Staffing of the office; First Albany's clients who issue taxable municipals; Locations of First Albany's...
- Becoming A Boutique. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/28/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 41, p36
Reports that investment bank First Albany Corp. in the U.S. is redeveloping itself to become one of the prominent investment banking boutiques in the country. Financial details of the company; Role of Robert Gales, executive managing director in the company; People who have been hired by the...