Washington Gov. Locke's Budget Puts Emphasis on Education Investment
- ARKANSAS: More School Aid Sought. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/31/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33375, p7
The article reports on the proposed 2.5% increase in state funding for local districts in 2012 and 2.9% in 2013 by the joint adequacy evaluation oversight subcommittee to be in compliance with the 2002 state Supreme Court ruling Arkansas.
- Pa. adopts budget with funding for vouchers. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;05/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p20
Reports on the approval of Pennsylvania's state budget for fiscal 2000 that allocated funds for a pilot educational voucher program. Provision to needy families of vouchers that can be used for schools; Debate over school choice.
- State Education Technology Budges Cut an Average of 25% in 2002-2003 School Year: SETDA Survey. // Electronic Education Report;12/5/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the reduction of state budgets for education between 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 school years in Arlington, Virginia. Average educational technology at schools; Increase on the federal funding for educational technology programs; Expectation of the states for further reduction of the...
- Education and the State Budget Squeeze. Pipho, Chris // Phi Delta Kappan;Apr89, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p582
Examines the education and state budget of the United States. Total deficit of states and local government in their operating budget in 1988; Trend toward budgetary imbalance; Sources of revenue for the education system; West Virginia Governor Gaston Caperton's plan to improve funding for his...
- Kansas Budget Pact for FY 2013 Falters' Over Public School Funds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/3/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33690, p5
The article reports on issues concerning Kansas' budget proposal for fiscal 2013 which is in question over the source of public schools' source of funds.
- BUDGET Roundup. // Scholastic Administrator;May2009, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p17
The article offers news briefs related to educational budget in the U.S. including the budget boost of 43.5 million dollars at North Haven, Connecticut, the possibility of costs for the School Aged Child Care (SACC) program in Fairfax County, Virginia to be lowered by legislators, and the move...
- Tuesday morning. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 78, p4
A blog from "Enterprise" news staff writer Nathan Brown concerning several issues in New York including the failure of state legislators to meet the deadline to pass the state budget, the closure of the Adirondack Park and a bill pertaining to education reform is discussed.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;5/17/95, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p14
Presents the summaries of the final action by legislatures on the state education budgets and other education-related matters. Arizona; Georgia; Idaho; Indiana; Maryland; North Dakota; Wyoming.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;06/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p15
Presents summaries of the final action by legislators on state education budgets and other education-related matters. Education budgets in Indiana's and Nebraska's fiscal 1997-1998 biennial state budget and fiscal 1998 state budget, respectively.