Michigan Governor, Taken Aback by Shortfall, Looks for Cuts
- State must take cue to cut spending. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/30/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p8
In this article, the author opines that government officials should be smart in cutting expenses to match revenue in the wake of the current recession and should find ways to change their way of doing public business. Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm opposed calls to reduce state payrolls by...
- Businesses help state cut $88M from contracts. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;8/11/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm's administration has pressed $88 million in savings out of state contractors, with more coming in the next few months, as of August 11, 2003. The state asked for cost reductions of 7% to 10% and contract renegotiations achieved that and more. Vendor cuts are...
- Minor cuts just won't cut it as state ponders $1.7B deficit. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/3/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the budget cuts expected to be proposed by Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm in the 2004 general-fund budget of the state. Possibility of cuts in medicaid services; Savings expected from budget cuts to universities and colleges; Implications of the possible reduction in the budget...
- Tax Fixes Hinted. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports on tax changes plan of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm to balance a budget gap. Possible repeal of a cut in state income tax.
- Some advice for our new governor. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Presents suggestions for the governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan elected in the year 2002. Priority for urban development; Increase in diesel tax; Concern for the business community.
- KEITH CRAIN: And now the really hard work begins. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Focuses on challenges faced by the governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm. Stimulation of business; Increase in taxes; Need for cooperation of both the parties for success.
- Granholm targets public-relations, marketing contracts. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p16
Reports on efforts of Jennifer Granholm, governor of Michigan, to put a stop to state contracts for public relations, marketing and other services deemed nonessential. Reason for the efforts of Granholm to contain state contracts; Condition when a state contract could be terminated; Contracts...
- CORRECTION:. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jul2007, p139
Jennifer Granholm, who is governor of Michigan, was misidentified in the June 2007 issue.
- Governor Unveils Technology Center. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the unveiling of the Michigan Small Business Technology Development Center in Grand Rapids by Governor Jennifer Granholm. Reason for establishing the center; Benefits of the center for the state; Role of the center in making Michigan a competitor in the technology sector.