O'Hare Expansion Foes Blast DuPage Move
- Revised Plan for O'Hare. Sanchez, Humberto; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p1
Reports the revised expansion bill of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Opposition of Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald on the involvement of Congress in the issue; Focus on environmental issues; Role of the Federal Aviation Administration in the project.
- Business must go beyond O'Hare runway flight plan. // Crain's Chicago Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p10
Discusses the controversy over the expansion of O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Recommendations from the area's business interests for expanding the airport's capacity; Civic Committee's call for the construction of an additional runway; Airlines' call for the construction of...
- O'Hare back in limbo. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;12/3/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p3
Reports the collapse of the deal in expanding O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Approval of the south runaway at O'Hare; Expansion pact in pending federal legislation; Operating deficits of Meigs.
- O'Hare flight plan on a long runway. Hintz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;7/16/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p4
Focuses on Chicago, Illinois, Mayor Richard Daley's plans to rebuild O'Hare International Airport. Concerns on Daley's airport plans; Projected cost of the project; Sources of airport funding.
- O'Hare foes buckle up for Peotone takeoff. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;11/27/95, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p4
Reports on a proposed Illinois Senate bill that calls for the construction of a metropolitan airport in Peotone, Illinois. Expansion plans of the O'Hare International Airport; Political issues concerning the project; Sponsors of the bill.
- O'Hare Task Force Faces Colorful Summer. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/28/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 22, p44
Reports on the functions of the O'Hare Delay Task Force at the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Reduction of airline delays; Increase in airport capacity; Focus of the task force on demand management and airline scheduling conferences.
- International trade group reports eight percent jump in airport use. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/17/95, Vol. 6 Issue 25, Focus Magazine p3
Presents the results of an Airports Council International study on global airport use in 1994. O'Hare International Airport as the world's busiest; Passenger arrivals in North America; Growth in Africa as the fastest; World's busiest freight and mail airport.
- Adding a new dimension to the debate over O'Hare. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/16/98, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p10
Opinion. Focuses on the issues unveiled in the Booz Allen & Hamilton Inc. study on the proposed expansion of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Opportunity cost of curbing growth at the airport; Chance of the airport to increase its share in the international market.
- Time to increase flights--and competition--at O'Hare. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/15/99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p10
Discusses developments in O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Plans of the Daley Administration to add gates and terminals in an effort to streamline airport operations; United States department of Transportation's request for the Congress to lift the flight caps at O'Hare which...