N.Y.'s Nyack Hospital Off Fitch's Rating Watch Negative
- N.J. upgrades outpace downgrades. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;7/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p91
Reports that hospitals in New Jersey have demonstrated improvements in credit quality leading to a greater proportion of upgrades according to Moody's Investors Service Incorporated. Facilities with downgraded and upgraded ratings.
- Morehead Dropped. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Reports on the downgrading of bonds sold for Morehead Memorial Hospital in North Carolina, following a decline in the hospital's liquidity. Outlook for the credit; Plans of the hospital to refinance its debt.
- HOW TROUBLED ARE TEXAS HOSPITALS? Daulerio, A.J. // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, Special section p4
Reports on the capital funding of nonprofit hospitals in Texas. Barriers to capital access; Sources of hospital funding; Federal programs for hospitals with limited access to capital; Credit ratings of nonprofit hospitals.
- Elliot Hospital Deals. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31719, p33
Reports on the plans of New Hampshire-based Elliot Hospital to refinance its $57 million in outstanding debt with bond sales scheduled for September and October, 2003. Sale of bonds in two series; Stability in credit ratings of the hospital.
- Capital Conundrum: Best Time to Borrow? Carpenter, Dave // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the financial problems faced by hospitals in the U.S. Suggestions on making decisions about borrowing; Importance of credit rating to hospitals; Amount of bond issue received by FirstHealth of the Carolinas.
- MONEY TALK. BETBEZE, PHILIP // HealthLeaders Magazine;Aug2008, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p56
The article presents an update on the credit rating of hospitals in the U.S. as of August 2008. Boulder Community Hospital in Colorado has a rating of A2 and a stable outlook. The A rating Catholic Healthcare West in San Francisco, California shows an improvement. There was a decline in the...
- Bond downgrading trend continuing into 2000 as fiscal pressures mount. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;04/03/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p5
Reports on the trend in hospital bond downgrading in the first quarter of 2000. Examples of bonds being downgraded; Factors driving down hospital credit ratings; Effects of the downgrading on the credit ratings of hospitals.
- S&P: Hospital companies must look to costs. // AHA News;03/23/98, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p5
Presents information on a report released by the Standard & Poor's company on hospital companies. Why investor-owned hospital companies have enjoyed improved credit ratings; Number of hospital companies out of seven rated by the Standard & Poor's that are investment grade.
- Hospital Still Negative. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p31
Reports on the announcement of Fitch Ratings Inc. to maintain its negative watch on the debt for Memorial Hospital at Gulfport, Mississippi due to uncertainty relating to reimbursements from insurance companies and the federal government. Damage sustained by the hospital during Hurricane...