Error by UBS Delays Completion of $800M N.Y.C. GO Deal
- Colorado's St. Vrain School District Looks to Future With $96M GO Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31610, p6
Saint Vrain Valley School District in Denver, Colorado will sell on April 8, 2003, 96.2 million dollars of general obligation bonds, the first installment of debt to be sold from a 212 million dollar bond authorization approved by voters in November 2002. UBS PaineWebber Inc. and George K. Baum...
- Connecticut's 1st GO Sale of Year Hits Market; Officials Optimistic. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p1
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds in response to budget deficits in Connecticut. Roles of P.G. Corbin & Co. and UBS Paine Webber Inc. in the project; Transactions of the government with the University of Connecticut, Waterbury and Connecticut State University for the sale; Success of...
- Smith Barney, UBS Paine Webber Likely to Handle W.Va. $4B Deal. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31169, p40
Reports on West Virginia's expected confirmation of Salomon Smith Barney and UBS PaineWebber Inc. as managing underwriters for its proposed $4 billion pension bond deal. Pension funds which will be financed by the deal; Legal hurdles to the bond issue.
- Oklahoma Puts June Date on $400 Million Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p4
Oklahoma officials expect to go to market in June 2003 with 400 million dollars of refunding bonds, after winning legislative approval for deals that could save the state 92 million dollars in the fiscal 2004. The two issuers selling the refunding bonds, the Oklahoma Capital Improvements...
- Ex-Merrill Bankers Find Home at UBS. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p37
Presents information regarding recruitment of three ex-infrastructure specialists from Merrill Lynch & Co. at UBS PaineWebber Inc. Appointment of Christopher Melvin to the post of managing director at the New York office of UBS PaineWebber Inc.; Recruitment of Tim Williams to take charge as...
- UBS PaineWebber agrees to settlement with fund. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the settlement on the alleged brokerage payments by UBS PaineWebber in Nashville, Tennessee. Amount involved in the agreement; Evidence of conflicts of interests in soft dollars; Impact of the case on pension fund dealings.
- Thank You, USB PaineWebber. // On Wall Street;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the decision of UBS PaineWebber to provide free meals to clients of its top brokers. Reason behind the free lunch offering; Maximum spending per client.
- UBS Paine Expanding Retail Presence. Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the implications of the residential mortgages offered by UBS PaineWebber Inc. for the mortgage company's presence in the retail lending sector.
- UBS PaineWebber catering to clients' risk-averse inclinations. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;2/20/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the local fixed-income investment instruments offered by UBS PaineWebber Inc. in Puerto Rico. Growth in the local mutual fund market; Importance of the applicability of inheritance-tax exemption on the funds; Percentage of average dividends.