Minnesota's New Governor Unveils Deficit-Busting Plan
- (NUTRITION) MN Judge Rules Against Unilateral Budget Cut. // Community Health Funding Week;1/1/2010, p21
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty cut 2.7 billion dollars in state funds to balance the state's budget.
- Pawlenty Continues To Target Health Care. // Minnesota Medicine;Mar2010, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the plan of Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty to cancel a 1.2 billion dollars state budget deficit through decreasing the income eligibility guidelines for single adults.
- Democrats vs. Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p35
Reports on the approval of the fiscal 2006-07 budget plan of the Democratic-controlled Senate in Minnesota. Elimination of budget deficits; Reliance on new general obligation borrowing to pay for projects; Criticisms of the Democrat's approach to passing a new biennial budget by Republican...
- Minnesota Judge: Budget Cuts by Pawlenty Were Unconstitutional. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33243, p24
The article reports on the ruling of District Court judge Kathleen Gearin in Ramsey County, Minnesota that the budget cuts ordered by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty in summer 2009 were unconstitutional. A temporary restraining order has been issued on the budget cuts and dictated that the state...
- Governor, Lawmakers Enter Final Budget Negotiations. // Minnesota Medicine;May2008, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the negotiation between the governor and lawmakers concerning the $935 million budget deficit in Minnesota. It cites that both House and Senate have passed proposals in the elimination of the deficit that does not tap Health Care Access Fund. The proposals are in contrast...
- Stimulus Funds Bring Minnesota Gap Down $278 Million From Last Estimate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/4/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33074, p5
The article reports on the forecast of Minnesota's budget deficit. It expects the state will face a $4.6 billion deficit in the next biennium, a $278 million drop from the last formal forecast in December 2008. Without funds from the federal stimulus package, the state would face a $6.4 billion...
- Gov. Pawlenty's Supplemental Budget Gets Rid of Minnesota's $160M Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p3
Reports on the release of a supplemental budget that wipes out the state's deficit by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty. Need for a legislative approval of the proposed budget; Focus of the budget on reform and protecting the quality of life; Reduction of spending in the proposed budget.
- Moving on Up, With One Eye on the Shortfall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p42
Reports on the economic projections in Minnesota. Management of the state budget deficit according to Governor Tim Pawlenty; Limit on the increases of healthcare spending by eliminating childless adults from state health assistance rolls; Credit rating of the general obligation debt.
- MINNESOTA: Deficit Spurs Hiring Freeze. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/27/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32824, p9
The article reports that Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty has directed state agency commissioners to freeze in 2008 due to a growing budget deficit. A forecast from the Department of Finance indicates that fiscal shortfall will increase by two to three times. Pawlenty said that vacant positions...