Plans for Mayoral Recall Election Cloud Arizona Town's Credit Future
- Akron residents right to rebuff recall. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/29/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p8
The article reports that Akron, Ohio's voters have overwhelmingly rejected an attempted recall of their mayor Don Plusquellic. It is stated that mayor Plusquellic is probably the most-respected big-city mayor in Ohio right now due to his tenure, his leadership of the national mayors' group, and...
- West asks Supreme Court to block recall. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/4/2005, Issue 919, p28
Reports on Spokane, Washington Mayor Jim West's request for the state Supreme Court to reject a recall effort seeking to remove him from office over a sex scandal. Complaints of West's lawyer concerning the procedure in accepting the recall proposal; Refusal of West to resign; West's explanation...
- PORTLAND RECALL FAILS. // Advocate;11/30/77, Issue 229, p14
Reports on the failure of a petition drive to recall Portland, Oregon Mayor, Neil Goldschmidt as of November 30, 1977. Reason for conducting the petition drive to recall the mayor; Name of the person who led the petition drive; Amount of signatures needed to force a special recall election.
- Illinois Lawmaker Pitches Chicago Recall Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;1/4/2016, p23
The article reveals that Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner will sign a law subjecting local mayors to recall elections.
- Supreme Court grants fast review of effort to recall Spokane Mayor James West. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/28/2005, Issue 918, p58
Reports on the Washington Supreme Court's granting of a fast-track review of the effort to recall Spokane Mayor James West, who refuses to resign despite being involved in a sex scandal. Unanimous decision that West should file briefs opposing the recall not later than July 28, 2005; Contention...
- Recall initiative launched for Toledo Mayor. Finkbeiner, Carleton // Toledo Business Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the launching of a recall initiative for City of Toledo, Ohio Mayor Carleton S. Finkbeiner. The initiative, called Take Back Toledo, is being funded by its supporters to pay for a campaign that will bring a ballot issue for the recall of city voters, which only requires...
- A Case of Faulty Recall. // Governing;Dec2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article reports the increase on recalls among mayors, city council members and school boards in local government in the U.S. It cites the construction of a new jail in Monroe County, Illinois that was unable to accommodate the population of prisoners but has incurred additional cost for...
- Mayor Dick Murphy. Murray-Ramirez, Nicole // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/16/2004, Issue 886, p59
Reports on the swearing-in ceremony for San Diego, California Mayor Dick Murphy. Need to give the mayor and his council members a chance; Author's opposition to calls for a recall.
- On The Verge Cleveland's troubles grow. // Time;
The article discusses the victory of Cleveland, Ohio Mayor Dennis J. Kucinich in recall election in 1978. It mentions that Kucinich was also the youngest mayor of a major city in the U.S. It stresses that Kucinich faced various troubles during his administration which include a wildcat walkout...
- Recall effort in California kicking into high gear. Nifong, Christina // Christian Science Monitor;8/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 189, p3
Focuses on the moves and motives behind the recall elections in California. Arguments in favor and against the recall elections; Various recall elections to be held in California; Reasons for the recalls in California's Assembly.