Gov. Richardson to Hire Consultant To Find More Savings for New Mexico
- Campaign Finance Stuck in New Mexico. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p4
The article reports on the participation of New Mexico legislators in some of Governor Bill Richardson's plans to strengthen oversight of the State Treasurer's Office. The governor has opened the Legislature's budget session to the reform effort. Bond-related measures in committee include a bill...
- NEW MEXICO: $500M for Capital Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32744, p9
The article reports on the plan of New Mexico legislators and Governor Bill Richardson to approve a $500 million funding for capital improvement projects in 2009. The Finance Committee has announced that the state will bring in at least $112 million in non-recurring general fund revenues. The...
- New Mexico's Richardson Proposes $600M for Myriad Projects in FY' 09. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32798, p7
The article reports on the proposed capital outlay budget for fiscal year 2009 submitted by New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson to the New Mexico State Legislature. The proposed budget calls to spend almost $600 million on capital outlay efforts ranging from $50 million for state road projects...
- Voice of reason. Sanz, Cynthia; Podesta, Jane Sims // People;8/7/95, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p61
Features Representative Bill Richardson, personal envoy of President Bill Clinton. Role in the release of Burmese dissident Aung San Suu Kyi; Working relations with Clinton; Personal background.
- Richardson considers diplomacy part of his job as representative. Torres, Joseph // Hispanic;May1996, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the diplomacy-related activities of Congressman Bill Richardson. Rescue of constituents Joseph and Jamie Rivera, who were trapped in French Polynesia in the wake of demonstrations against French nuclear tests; Negotiation of a nuclear agreement in North Korea; Meeting with Iraqi...
- Diplomatic coup. Cole, Melanie // Hispanic;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p18
Profiles Bill Richardson, the United States ambassador to the United Nations. Achievements as a freelance diplomat; Ethnic origins of his parents; Objective and challenges as UN ambassador; Reaction of Cuban-Americans to his trip to Cuba; Pride in his Hispanic roots.
- New Mexico Expects Strong Demand for $135 Million GO Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31566, p30
Reports that New Mexico will sell 134.8 million dollar of general obligation bonds in the second week of February 2003 under Governor Bill Richardson. Legislative measures which Richardson expects to get implemented; Projects approved by voters in November 2002; Maximum life for which New...
- Letters. Gessing, Paul J.; Monk, Randall; Bullock, Scott; Fry-Revere, Sigrid // Reason;Dec2007, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Real Bill Richardson," in the August 2007 issue.
- 'It's all about Bill' Richardson, Bill // New York Amsterdam News;7/19/2001-7/25/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 29, p9
Reports that a blue-ribbon committee of friends has announced a special scholarship brunch in the memory of Bill Richardson, former vice president of corporate affairs for Schieffelin & Somerset Co., at the New York Sheraton Hotel in New York City. Co-chairs of the event; Beneficiary of...
- Bill Richardson's memory lives on. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/25/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 43, p8
Reports the gathering of family and friends of scholar Bill Richardson at the Sheraton Hotel in Manhattan, New York. Support on scholarship funds of William J., Richardson/Jackie Robinson; Commemoration of experiences with Bill; Description of the personality Bill.