Developer's Building Gets Liberty Bonds
- Competitors United To Rebuild 'Ground Zero' Deserve Our Thanks. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/15/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 5, p64
The author discusses the need for cross-team coordination and communication in the World Trade Center (WTC) rebuilding project in Lower Manhattan, New York, which is comprised of seven major concurrent projects. He says that each team has its own agendas and pressures even though each project...
- Meticulous Planning. di Ciocco, Gino // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/10/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 10, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Tower Crews Get Royal Treatment," which appeared in the August 15, 2011 issue of the magazine.
- Correction. CUCULI, KAWRLA // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/10/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 10, p4
A correction to the article "Tower Crews Get Royal Treatment," which appeared in the August 15, 2011 issue of the magazine is presented.
- Photographs chosen by our editors from submissions to ENR.com/newyork/photos. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/22/2014, Vol. 273 Issue 8, Following pNY80
A photograph taken by Joe Woolhead depicting the welders and ironworkers employed for the ongoing construction work of the World Trade Center Transportation Hub in New York is presented.
- A strategy for the WTC. // Crain's New York Business;7/14/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p10
The article reflects on the delay in the rebuilding of the World Trade Center in New York City. It is stated that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey should renegotiate the arrangement with developer Larry Silverstein so that he can proceed with construction when he can find anchor...
- 'Ground Zero' Protest Is Justified. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/29/2010, Vol. 264 Issue 11, p80
In this article, the author expresses his views on issues surrounding the reconstruction of the World Trade Center in the U.S. in 2010. According to the author, site developer Larry Silverstein is being criticized for the status of such reconstruction project, describing it as a national...
- The Rising. McCourt, Mark // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2011, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the rebuilding project of the World Trade Center with regards to the World Trade Center security director Lou Barani and Chief Security Officer (CSO) Rick Rescorla. It states the sacrifice of Rescorla due to evacuation he made for the Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter employees....
- SOURCE BREAKFAST: BJARKE INGELS. Anuta, Joe // Crain's New York Business;9/21/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p0021
An interview with architect Bjarke Ingels is presented. Ingels discusses what made New York City attractive for him and his design philosophy for the partially-built 2 World Trade Center. Also mentioned are why he categorized the proposed Drylin project as belonging to a social infrastructure...
- First Wolff in Manhattan. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Jan2016, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on Federated Crane's use of a Wolff 700 B US luffing crane for the Three World Trade Center project in Manhattan, New York City.
- The 'PATH' to $4 billion. BRENZEL, KATHRYN // Real Deal: New York Real Estate;Apr2016, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p32
The article evaluates the architectural design of the World Trade Center Oculus in Manhattan, New York that was designed by Santiago Calatrava.