Debate Over Dividends
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p31
Presents information regarding bond and finance market in Southwest states in the U.S. as of July 29, 2003. Increase in annual savings of Wyandotte County Unified Government in Kansas; Plans of Oklahoma County after closing of revenue bond issue; Impact of accounting error in Topeka, Kansas on...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p47
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of March 2002. Issuance of the bill for the certificates of participation to fund prison facilities; Increase of the city hotel tax; Use of bond proceeds.
- Muni Pros Ponder What a Tax Cut Would Mean to Market. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;02/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31072, p6
Focuses on the possible effects of tax cuts on the bond market in the United States. Use of tax as stimulus for demand; Political and legislative developments related to taxation.
- Bond Buyers Benefitting From State Budget Crisis. Berry, Kate // San Diego Business Journal;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the impact of the unresolved budget deficit in California. Collection of higher taxes to the taxpayers; Increase in the yields of general obligation bonds in the state; Reduction in state services spending.
- Easing Tax-Exempt Fears. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p1
Reports on the clarification of the international corporate tax reform bill provisions in the U.S. Lack of negative impact on tax-exempt tender-option bonds; Amelioration of the Bond Market Association; Interpretation of the technical language.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p37
Presents charts depicting bond market indicators. Short-term tax-exempted yields; Price of securities; Municipal bond prices.
- Hams County, Tex., to Sell $295M to Bridge Tax Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p3
The article reports on the decision of Harris County, Texas to sell $295 million bonds on June 6, 2006 to bridge the tax gap. This is a deal that will provide interim funding for the county operations until property tax revenue starts rolling. The county has traditionally sold tax anticipation...
- Outflows Return as Assets Fall $7.21 Billion. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32894, p7
The article reports that municipal bond market funds experienced outflows in the week ending June 2, 2008 after four straight weeks of significant inflow activity and record-high asset levels, according to the Money Fund Report, a service of iMoneyNet.com in the U.S. The 550 tax-free and...
- '70's-style financial crisis looming. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/22/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 52, p39A
Comments on the financial crisis in New York. Effect of the failure to meet payments on outstanding debt on bond markets; Proposal of commuter tax; Possible increase of fares on the commuter rail lines.