Axa Re Hit by Triple Downgrades After Halting New Business
- Fitch Hits Trio of Reinsurers With Negative Rating Outlook. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p1
Reports the ratings of the reinsurers Ace Guaranty Re Inc., Radian Reinsurance Co. and Axa Re Finance in the U.S. Reflection of a less favorable relationship and contractual terms with clients; Increase in the competition; Performance of the reinsurer sector.
- AXA RE Receives Subpoenas in Ongoing SEC Investigation of MBIA. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p6
Reports that AXA Re Finance SA had received subpoenas from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the New York attorney general's office seeking information regarding reinsurance transactions with MBIA Inc. Inquiry revolving around transactions involving the 1998 bankruptcy of the...
- All Three Rating Agencies Keeping an Eye on Potential Axa Re Finance Sale. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p33
Reports the sale of Axa re Finance in the U.S. Concern of the three major rating agencies on the sale of the company; Rating of Standard & Poor's on Axa Re in the CreditWatch with negative implication; Monitor of Fitch Ratings on status of negotiation of Axa.
- AXA Pulls The Plug On Some U.S. Re Units. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/20/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the decision of AXA re Finance to pull out of the life and non-life insurance markets in the U.S. Reason for the decision; Cessation of financial guaranty reinsurance activities; Focus of the company on property-casualty non-life insurance.
- Axa Weighs Offer for Reinsurance Business. // American Banker;4/10/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 68, p6
The article reports on Axa Group of Paris, which is considering a binding offer for its reinsurance business from Paris Re Holdings Ltd. Under the offer's terms the business of Axa Re would be ceded in 2007 to Paris Re Holdings, with the risks attached to the 2006 claims accruing to Paris Re...
- Economic, financial risks and cloud computing security are top emerging risks. // Asia Insurance Review;Aug2014, p32
The article talks about separate reports released by insurance firms AXA and Swiss Re that highlights emerging risks which will be effecting the insurance market between 2014 and 2024 including social and political unrest, cloud computing security, and air pollution as mortality driver.
- Court decision goes to Chase. Kilday, Gregg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/11/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 14, p4
Reports the court ruling in favor of the Chase Manhattan Bank in the dispute with French insurance underwiter Axa Re in New York City. Refusal of Axa to pay for shortfalls on the first picture under the arrangement; Determination of monetary damages due Chase; Impact of the court decision on...
- Briefing. // Best's Review;Oct2000, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p20
Presents news from the insurance industry, as of October 2000. Top five global reinsurers; Axa Group's reorganization of its reinsurance operations; California Earthquake Authority's consideration of catastrophe bonds; Plano, Texas Fire Department's plans to bill auto insurers for responding to...
- AXA tries on a new hat with mortality bond. N.C. // Asset Securitization Report;10/30/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p18
The article reports that AXA Cessions, a subsidiary of French insurance company Axa, plans to transfer mortality risk from its reinsurance contracts to bond investors through the sale of dollar and euro denominated notes. Osiris Capital PLC will give Axa protection against nuclear, chemical,...