Chairman of House Reform Committee Targets D.C. Oversight Panel
- Physicians grateful for chair's help. Brown, Jim // Northern Ontario Business;Dec97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, A Tribute to Tom Davies p3
Looks at the support given by Sudbury Regional chairman Tom Davies to the medical community, while discussing comments made by president of the Sudbury and District Medical Society, Dr. Stephen Kosar. What the society represents; How Davies contributed to health care in Sudbury Region;...
- Life in Creighton revolved around sports. Lacey, Keith // Northern Ontario Business;Dec97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, A Tribute to Tom Davies p4
Profiles Sudbury Regional Chairman Tom Davies. Details on his background; Information on his childhood; Comments about his sporting history; Additional information on Davies.
- Tom has won all the ones that count. Keir, Bob // Northern Ontario Business;Dec97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, A Tribute to Tom Davies p7
Profiles Sudbury Regional Chairman Tom Davies, with reference to his achievements. What was identified as Davies' most outstanding success; Comments on Davies' general attitude; Description of various strategies used by Davies.
- Look who's laughing? // Northern Ontario Business;Dec97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p7
Looks at Sudbury Regional chairman Tom Davies' outstanding sense of humor. How this humor is said to have impacted on Davies' attitudes to life; Comments on Davies' performance at a retirement concert; Information on Davies.
- Davies stepping down. // Northern Ontario Business;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the retirement of Tom Davies, chairman of the Regional Municipality of Sudbury. Background information on Davies.
- Partner at the periphery. Weiner, Rex // Variety;3/20/95, Vol. 358 Issue 7, p5
Profiles Tom Davis. Comedy writer with the `Saturday Night Live'(SNL) program; Departure from SNL; Collaboration with Al Franken; Attempts to market comedy scripts and ideas as meeting with no success; Networking with ex-SNL alumni Dan Ackroyd and Garrett Morris.
- Perpetual Motion. Harris, Shane; Kegley, James // Government Executive;7/15/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p36
This article presents the profile of Tom Davis, the U.S. House Government Reform Committee's Chairman. He ascended the Republican power hierarchy as a tactical savant famous for picking winning congressional candidates. In 2002, as chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, he...
- KATRINA'S ONGOING FURY. Marek, Angie C.; Kaplan, David E. // U.S. News & World Report;2/20/2006, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p38
This article discusses the upcoming release of the report of the congressional investigative committee looking into the government's response to Hurricane Katrina. The report reportedly includes scathing findings and the administration of George W. Bush is scrambling to blunt the criticism. Rep....
- ON THE RECORD ï¿½ Rep. Tom Davis. // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the priorities of U.S. House Government Reform chairman Tom Davis for the year 2003. Reorganization of administrative agencies; Incentives for officials who work well; Rise in the salaries of government agencies.